Location:Aberdeen : Denburn House (LR_L000092)
Department:GB110021 : Compliance Design Appraisal (GB110021)
Position Type:Employee Regular
EducationRequired:See Job Description
Experience Required:See Job Description
Lloyd's Register provide a wide range of services to the offshore industry world-wide involving design verification, independent analysis and consultancy activities in various disciplines, including those of naval architecture, structures, pipelines, mooring, geotechnics, safety and mechanical engineering. We are looking to recruit a Senior Pipeline Specialist to join our UK Pipelines Team. This team have substantial expertise in providing independent assurance for design and operational aspects of offshore and onshore pipelines. For subsea lines, this expertise includes high temperature service conditions, pipe in pipe systems, reeled systems, deepwater, flexible pipe and riser systems. Key Responsibilities Reporting to the Pipelines Team Leader, the key responsibilities are as follows:
- Perform appraisal of pipeline designs and integrity assessments to ensure compliance with specified/relevant codes, regulations, standards and specifications within agreed parameters including budget and contractual requirements;
- Production of deliverables such as calculations, reports, certificates, bid evaluations and presentations;
- Produce the deliverable within the agreed parameters in an appropriate format and take responsibility to review other employees' work as requested.
- To assess/recommend the time/value of work to be undertaken for an external client and prepare bids in response to tenders
- To discuss/present the deliverable with internal/external client at a senior level and be able to suggest alternative solutions where appropriate.
- To develop technically other employees, as appropriate and share information to achieve effective knowledge transfer and application.
- To conduct activities in line with internal procedures, accreditation schemes, legislation and industry standards.
- To contribute to internal/external client management as appropriate by acting as point of contact to effectively manage client and LR relationships.
- To undertake project management where applicable including monitoring project performance against budget and contract requirements.
- Actively support in technology development initiatives
- Assist in pipeline related business development activities,
- Actively participate in relevant training to pursue continuing professional development
- Relevant experience in oil and gas industry with comprehensive experience in the design and analysis of subsea pipelines;
- 2:1 Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Structural or Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge and experience of unbonded flexible pipeline cross section design methodologies, polymer and composite material qualification, gas permeation and global dynamic analysis;
- Specialist knowledge in key areas of flexible pipeline and riser design engineering, including design codes, legislative requirements and current good engineering practice;
- Experience working directly for or indirectly with a manufacturer of flexible pipes would be an advantage;
- Effective communications in written and spoken English with the ability to prepare, discuss and present deliverables to a client at a senior level.
- Chartered Engineer (or working towards);
- Strong project management and coordination skills;
- Knowledge of pipeline operations, and experience in developing nonlinear finite element models for pipeline applications would be an advantage;
- Prior direct experience of design appraisal would be an advantage;
- Knowledge of Type Approval would be an advantage;
- Experience of performing global dynamic analysis of riser systems using Orcaflex, Flexcom or Abaqus would be an advantage;
- Knowledge and experience of the design and analysis of rigid steel pipelines would be an advantage;
Job Segment: Engineer, Chemical Engineer, Pipeline, Materials Science, Design Engineer, Engineering, Energy, Science
Similar Job Searches
- Senior Pipeline Specialist
- Senior Pipeline Specialist in Aberdeen
- Senior Pipeline Specialist in Aberdeen City
- Senior Pipeline Specialist in Scotland
- Senior Pipeline Specialist in Scotland, United Kingdom
- Oil and Gas jobs in Aberdeen
- Oil and Gas jobs in Aberdeen City
- Oil and Gas jobs in Scotland
- Oil and Gas jobs in Scotland, United Kingdom
- Senior Specialist
- Senior Pipeline
- Pipeline Senior
- Pipeline Specialist
- Specialist Pipeline
- Pipeline Specialist Senior