Construction Field Engineer, FIE
(Pipelines Off-shore superintendent)
Date of issue:
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Temporary, 12 months. Start in January 2017
Rotation of 90 days on site and 15 days off (2 days traveling)
Competitive salary package with benefits
Full board and lodging on site
Travel to home country in economy class
Job summary/Role description
He is responsible for the checking and the correct management of the Project documentation, of the amendments and/or additions to the same.
He cooperates with the Site Manager and the Construction Manager in verifying the feasibility of the construction schedule on the ground of the actual availability at Site of technical documentation and materials.
Duties and responsibilities
He ensures any addition or change to the technical documents according to Field requirements and he is responsible for reviewing of site technical queries, including field sketches and modifications to any project engineering drawings, as required.
He executes, in coordination with Contractor Home Office, any modifications and additions to Project documents, providing for final “as-built” revision of the same.
Moreover, he has the following responsibilities:
• To ensure the recording, filing, reproduction, proper distribution and control of Plant Construction documents;
• Provide assistance to Construction Management/Supervision Group for Project system definitions and turnover/hand over documentation at Project completion phase.
• To ensure inspection, as required to support the QA-QC group;
• Review, as required, construction method statements;
• To co-ordinate the engineering activities awarded to Subcontractors; • To prepare his own section of the Monthly report.
FIE leads a dedicated group of Discipline Engineers to perform Site Engineering: this group will provide clarifications of engineering documents to SUBCONTRACTOR, corrections of mistakes that invariably are found during the Construction phase and ensure timely availability and management of drawings to support the construction effort.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Suitable University Degree
- At least five (5) year experience in a similar position in EPC Oil & Gas projects (gas pipelines beneficial)
Skills and Abilities
- Fluent English
- Excellent IT and analytical skills
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong interpersonal, team-oriented skills, self-motivation and direction, with strong bias toward timely performance and problem resolution
- Attention to detail, strong communications and interpersonal skills
Special Requirements and Comments
The possession of a University degree is an essential requirement.
The information submitted shall include:
- date of birth (dd/mm/yyyy)
- expected salary ($/year, gross)
- notice period (weeks)
- email address of the candidate.