Our Client is a large Oil and Gas EPC contracting company based in Hampshire. They are looking for a Pipe Support PDMS Designer.
1. PURPOSE AND SCOPE
The purpose of this job description is to clarify the areas of responsibility and authority of the job holder
for GEMC-PMO work.
2. RESPONSIBILITY AND AUTHORITY
2.1 The job holder is responsible for:
• Input into the PMO (Plant maintenance order) Prefab / Installation Workpack(s).
• Access to Client databases / Scanning Portal.
• Supports Material take-off, reports and ordering through SAP as required.
• Utilising Proarc (document storage system).
• Piping Design and development of Pipe Supports and Input to PDMS (Piping, equipment and
• Interfacing with Structural designers regarding supports design.
• Design/preparation of associated Isometrics drawings and PSGA’s.
• Assistance in the Preparation of Pipe Support 3D Model.
• Preparation of Pipe supports schedules and lists.
• Preparation of Design Piping Layouts, Equipment Layouts, studies and line shoots as required.
• Draughting of P&ID’s, as required.
• Input / assistance to Piping Lead Engineer in the preparation of estimates and proposals.
• Assistance to team piping designers and pipe support designers as required.
• Coordination with other disciplines as required.
• Input to relevant HSE / Safety reviews & Model Reviews.
• Carry out site surveys and produce site visit reports if required on project.
• Input into the Construction Work Packs, as required.
• Other work as required/directed by the Piping Lead Engineer or Manager of Engineering
• This Job Description is valid until a new revision is made.
• Authority, not responsibility, can be delegated.
• Quality and HSE is a line responsibility. All employees are responsible for quality, health, safety
and environment care in the daily work.
• Experience transfer is a part of all employees' job tasks