CONTRACTS ADVISOR (MARINE DEPT)
- § Bachelor degree in Business or Engineering discipline.
- § Five (5) years of experience in the petroleum or related industry.
- § Successful candidate should have a sense of the maritime industry in order to understand the different types of vessels and other offshore activities, and have knowledge of the techniques used in maritime estimates from the conceptual stages to the final detailed estimates.
Duties & Responsibilities
- § Ensure the delivery of vessels/services on time.
- § Liaise with operation divisions to protect the company interest in respect of contracts administration activities.
- § Ensure full compliance with the company procedures and policy, and terms and conditions of the individual contract.
- § Assist in the development of financial studies that establish feasibilities for contract services and the evaluation of alternatives that may be technical, financial and/or procedural/ administrative.
- § Help develop contracting professional analyses and technical qualification of bidders.
- § Participate in the preparation of the scope of work for various contract services.
- § Help develop status reports or other presentations for Executive Management.
- § Participate as the contract proponent representative on the Bid Review Team charged with development of a realistic company position contract terms and the negotiation of these terms.
- § Help prepare the analysis or bid responses, negotiation offers and counter offers for specific contracts.
- § Assist, as requested, in the preparation of verification of contractor cost and escalation or de-escalation amendments.
- § Help provide justification and recommendation for changes in contracting procedure or contract format.
- § Help perform periodic examination of contract administration in the field in order to locate shortcomings or potential problems in the administrative procedures or contract terms and conditions.