Our client is a major EPC construction group who are responsible for the construction of a major coal fired power station near the South Africa / Botswana Border.
They are now looking to recruit:
REPORTING TO:Construction Manager
·The project entails the building of 6 x 780 MWe Coal Fired Super Critical Boiler for the coal fired power station to be erected in South Africa.
A recognized trade in the field of Pipe fitting/Boilermaking with city & guilds or equivalent level.
Skills and experience:
- The appointed candidate must have at least 15 years experience in his fieldeg Pipe fitting,boiler making.
- A great advantage would be to have had previous experience in supervision on similar work.
- Must be able to read erection/construction drawing fluently.
- Must be quality conscious and must have a good understanding of QIPs and quality procedures.
- Oversee and be responsible to assist the construction manager in all erection activities of all boiler, piping, waterwall panels and economizer/super heater elements.
- Control man hours allowed for erection, ensure all budgets are met or improved
- This includes updating construction schedules.
- Ensure high standards of safety and quality are adhered to.
- Assist the Construction Manager in running the site in a safe manner and within budget and on time.
- Must be able to work unsupervised and lead a team.
- Must report all deviations from the scope of work timously in writing to the construction manager responsibilities:
- Team player
- Be proactive
- Have sound judgment
- Logical, accurate and precise
- Honest and open personality
- Be willing to learn
- Good communication skills
- Basic knowledge of Labour, Industrial and Human Relations
In return, our client will pay for relocation to South Africa, as well as offer an attractive salary package plus accommodation and other benefits. PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A RELOCATION PACKAGE, NOT A ROTATIONAL PACKAGE. THERE WILL BE SOUTH AFRICAN INCOME TAX ON EARNINGS.