$800 to $900 per day
14 Jun 2010
12 Jul 2010
A major Owner currently has an active and urgent need for an Interface Coordinator to join its team by the 1st August.
The Interface Coordinator implements and stewards the project interface management process between the various Contractors on the project. The position monitors the performance of interface deliverables and works with the Sub Project Managers to identify and resolve interface issues.
The role requires broad experience in project execution. The candidate must have good leadership and personnel management skills, including strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a variety of stakeholders including Contractors and Company Project Management Team individuals.
Roles and responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to the following:
Ensure consistent and effective implementation of the Interface Management Plan project wide.
- Coordinate with Contractors to ensure the development of their Interface Management procedures and resolution of all Project interfaces. - Review and endorse Contractors' plans/procedures
- Ensure alignment of Contractors with all interfacing parties
- Ensure that Contractors promptly develop interface agreements per the Contract External Responsibility Matrix & further identify interfaces as required for the Project
- Steward and regularly attend Contractors interface coordination meetings and facilitate interaction, where applicable, across all project groups, Contractor and Company.
- Facilitate regular communication between Contractors to ensure interface execution and close out
- Ensure Contractors produce and regularly maintain comprehensive Interface Data Registers of all identified interfaces and provide regular reporting metrics
To qualify for this role, you must possess the following skills/experience:
- At least 7 years upstream oil and gas experience
- At least 3 years experience on an owner's Project Management Team
- Previous experience in some or all of the following project areas: project management, engineering management, construction management, business/project controls
- Minimum B Eng
- Good understanding of Project Technical requirements
- Multi-discipline experience desired in project management, facilities, marine, pipelines and/or drilling
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic; self-motivated with excellent work organization skills
If you believe you have the skills and experience to succeed in this role, please forward your resume in confidence.