Our client is one of the worlds largest energy companies employing over 80000 personnel and operating in over 100 countries worldwide with expertise covering a range of energy sources. They are currently looking to recruit a Hydraulic Work Over Unit Specialist Well Site Leader based in Oman.
As Hydraulic Work Over Specialist your main responsibilities will include:
- Equipment is off loaded rigged up & tested according to the company and contractors signed off process & procedures
- Confirm all safety devices are in place working as they should with current certification where applicable
- Confirm the Equipment is professionally tested & tests recorded
- Confirm that an on site pre start up audit is completed successfully & accept full responsibility that the HWOU & associated equipment is ready for well entry on behalf of the company & in line with company processes
- Confirm throughout the campaign that the programme is followed & any amendments are discussed & implemented through the company MOC process
- Confirm tool box talks risk assessments lifting plans and task based risk assessments have the highest priority & utilization is or becomes part of each crew members daily routine starting well before the equipment arrives on location
- Confirm reporting & recording is conducted in a professional manor & he works with the COMPANY WSL as part of his team
- Confirm that next run plan has been discussed & prepared well in advance
Qualifications and experience required:
- Extensive experience in HWOU operations including snubbing in live wells
- HWOU experience in design planning operations and supervision/management in:
- HPHT gas wells
- Live well snubbing operations
- Experience with handling running/pulling high CRA tubulars desirable
- Hydraulic work-over unit/snubbing operations in horizontal wells
- Remote desert operations
- Experience working in multi-cultural environments
- Appropriate well control certification
- Must be a team player & considered to have been or is a professional snubbing Superintendent with proven through tubing actual snubbing management/Team Leader experience not just a guy who has managed a snubbing job but a person who has up to date Supervisor level Well Control certification intimate knowledge of snubbing equipment & safety devices as well as management skills
- He must Lead from the front & have an active role in operational guidance and not be office bound
- He must have good computer skills & previous WSL experience controlling HWOU operations would be an advantage
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 69480.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas Renewables Power & Utilities Construction Mining Rail Aerospace IT & Telecoms Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009 were named the UKs number one for engineering recruitment.