Our Client a Major Oil and Gas Contractor has an opening for a Crane Operator for their Semisubmersible Drilling Rig Offshore.
• CRAWLER CRAIN OPERATOR TILL 100 TONS
• One 1 year experience of Crawler Crane up to 50tons
• Two 2 years experience of Crawler Crane Operator.
• Experience of operation of deck fixed crane main crane tugger winches and deck forklift.
• Experience as auxiliary crane operator.
• Experience as tugger hoist operator.
• Operate the main and deck cranes within the designed SWL loads in accordance with the de-rating tables applicable to existing weather and sea state condition.
• Drive the assigned crane.
• Ensure that the safe work procedures for crane lifts are adhered to.
• Check the status of the machine in general the mechanical conditions the certifications and the instrumentations of the cables.
• Check before every lifting that the weights are in the capacity limits of the crane and that will be present all the conditions to implement the lifting correct rigging
acceptable weather conditions lifty area free of people.
• Reporting any malfunction immediately.
• Liaise with bridge and 1st Assistant Superintendent /Deck Foreman when making any lift that could affect the vessel stability.
• Ensure that only marked certified and suitable lifting appliances are used and available for use for lifting purposes.
• Make daily inspection of crane cable and condition.
• Maintain the cranes on a daily basis cleaning action including operator cabin.
• Liaise with 1st Assistant Engineer/Chief Electrical on crane maintenance and performance in order to ensure that repairs and preventive maintenance are carried out properly.
• Inspect weekly the cranes in accordance with the manufacturers recommendation.
• Fill up the crane logbook as required for all lifts over 50tons.
• Carry out properly all orders and instructions given by his superior
JOB ROLE DESCRIPTION
• Stop activities if required on safety grounds if to continue could cause any damage or injury.
• Interact with the Maintenance Engineer to indicate some anomalies. Take care of the crane. Interact with the Boatswain Chief Mate and 1st Assistant Engineer
in order to discuss and define procedures of lifting. Report to the person; in charge of the lifting.
• Maintain contact with the bridge during the operations in order to control the ballast of the vessel.
Duration: 12 Months renewable
We are instructed to only submit candidates whose qualifications and experience match our Clients specification
For more information please contact Gursh Chahal on <phone number removed> or email <email address removed>
If you are interested in learning more call us and/or email. If you are not sure we have your latest CV do send Woodland do not put forward candidates without discussion your application is treated in confidence until YOU say put forward. If you are interested in this position please contact me or any other member of the Recruitment Team as soon as possible.
Please Note: Some of our Clients could require references and documentary evidence of qualifications.