Supervisor Statutory Electrical
- Use your demonstrated electrical expertise and supervisory experience
- Enjoy a residential lifestyle and be part of a tight knit community
- Attractive roster offering great work life balance - Pannawonica
Our long history is filled with firsts. Weve developed some of the worlds largest and best quality mines and operations, and our people work in around 35 countries across six continents. Aluminium and copper, diamonds, gold and industrial minerals, iron ore, coal and uranium: our materials make up the world around us. Youll find then in smartphones, planes, cars, hospitals and throughout your home.
We are a diverse team of talented, enthusiastic individuals who foster a culture of inclusion. No matter how they may differ, our people share one thing in common. Its a belief that work is more rewarding when we are accepted and valued for our differences, not judged by them. We all have something to contribute, and its this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
We are looking for a Supervisor Statutory Electrical to actively promote safety awareness and safe work practices, maintain site electrical compliance and ensure all electrical safety requirements are met at Pannawonica.
We are inviting you to be a part of a tightknit community and enjoy a residential lifestyle at Pannawonica. Located in the scenic Pilbara region and within close distance to the major centre of Karratha, the vibrant town offers a sought-after lifestyle and affordable living in comfortable subsidised housing. This is a great opportunity for you and your family to contribute to a unique community and enjoy a wide range of seasonal outdoor activities; allowing you to find the perfect balance between leisure and work. From the popular annual rodeo event to other regular social and cultural activities, local residents can make the most of modern amenities. The town of Pannawonica is supported by a resident doctor, excellent primary school, supermarket, and a local community gym and youth centre.
What the role entails
This role is a great opportunity for an experienced and safety focussed individual to develop, implement, promote and monitor electrical statutory compliance processes. The successful candidate will enjoy a variety of residential benefits including subsidised housing, travel assistance and additional allowances. Reporting to the Manager Maintenance and Fixed Plant, you will be:
- Fulfilling the duties of the Statutory Electrical Supervisor role as per requirements of Mines Safety and Inspection Act & Regulations
- Providing support and education to site and project personnel in electrical compliance requirements
- Promoting electrical safety awareness and safe work practices amongst site electrical personnel
- Undertaking regular field time with electrical personnel
- Ensuring all notifiable electrical works are scoped, designed and carried out in accordance with Rio Tinto safety systems and comply with State and Federal regulations and standards
- Managing key safety investigations, preparing reports and recommendations and implementing corrective and preventative actions
What you will need for this role
To succeed in this role, you will have:
- An 'A' Grade Electrical Licence or Electrical Engineering degree
- A manual 'C' Class drivers licence
- Electrical experience in the mining or other heavy industries including strong experience in maintenance of electrical installations on a mine site
- Experience running small-medium sized electrical installation/modification projects
- Familiarity of relevant legislation, regulations, Energy Standards and Rio Tinto Electrical Standards, or the ability to quickly gain this knowledge
It will also be beneficial if you have:
- Past experience as an Appointed Electrical Supervisor with responsibilities under the Mines Safety and Inspection Act & Regulations
- Experience in investigation, recording, reporting, and acting on the root cause of electrical incidents, hazards and faults
- A Certificate IV in training and assessing or equivalent training qualifications
So if this sounds like you and the opportunity you are looking for, apply now.
Please note, in order to be successfully considered for this role you must complete all pre-screening questions.
If you would like to know more about careers at Rio Tinto, you can like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter or join us on LinkedIn.