Company description:Shell Nederland BV is a platform for international collaboration, with Shell offering direct employment to around ten thousand people in the Netherlands alone, including roughly 2,800 non-Dutch employees from around 80 countries. Diversity is key at Shell Nederland, and our employees reflect the innovation that stems from a diverse workforce. By joining Shell Nederland, you will benefit from an unrivalled industry-leading development programme that will see you tap into a pool of expert knowledge that will help propel your career. Shell Nederland is the holding company of most Shell companies operating in the Netherlands. Shell Nederland also has an advisory and coordinating role in numerous areas.
- Provide pre and post deal commercial advice plus general oil and freight contractual advice to support the Business objectives.
- Advise traders of the commercial, contractual and financial risks associated with their business, identifying areas where there are opportunities for value creation as well as areas where the exposure to value leakage exists.
- Combine commercial knowledge with contracts expertise to deliver tangible value to Shells bottom line.
- Draft, review and negotiate, term deals, tenders, storage agreements, and master/sideletter agreements directly with customers with an emphasis on negotiating terms and conditions that maximizes value and mitigates contractual exposures to minimize profit leakage.
- Review and authorise all contracts/responses, making modifications where necessary to ensure contracts accurately reflect the terms agreed, and to ensure all contracts are fit for purpose prior to dispatch.
- Review 3rd Party terms and conditions and negotiate amendments as required to minimise contractual exposure and ensure they acceptable and comply with Shell Group policy and standards whilst at the same time maintaining a keen sense of commercial acumen in empowering the business objectives of creating new and additional channels for trade.
- Help find opportunities to increase value by working intimately with trading desks and closely with other businesses across the value chain and advise the trading desks in negotiating complex contractual arrangements and structured contracts in close consultation and collaboration with various functional subject matter experts such as Finance, Credit, Legal, etc.
- Provide contractual support in drafting and negotiating ad hoc agreements to facilitate new business development/growth projects
- Provide advice, help and commercially astute options in achieving win-win resolutions of contractual disputes with counterparties, liaising with legal counsels as necessary.
- Must be accessible to the trading floor and available to engage and collaborate with traders, commercial operations and other functions, taking part in commercial discussions to help deliver the greatest value for Shell. Close collaboration and integration with the business is critical to success.
- Maintain an awareness of any new trade opportunities and regulatory restrictions that may involve changes to existing procedures or support processes and remain constantly adaptable towards procedural changes necessary to facilitate such new opportunities without compromising on internal policies and overall governance and risk control framework.
- Train, coach, mentor and support the Contract Coordinators in close consultation with the Team Lead on progression, development and succession planning.
- Lead/actively participate in running the Contracts Workshop and administering the Contracts assessment as part of the Trader Development Program and in training new commercial operators and trading staff.
- Ensure that the accumulated experience of traders, schedulers, contracts and claims staff are captured and past learnings applied to maximize value creation and minimize profit leakage.
- Maintain mastery in undertaking the comprehensive role played within Shells Control Framework and protect Shells license to operate by ensuring/verifying that all contracts comply with all local implementation policies, manual of authorities, business controls, Shell Group policy and standards as well as meet all regulatory and regulated market requirements.
- Incorporate Shell's five behavioral imperatives into daily work ethic (external focus, commercial mindset, delivery, speed and simplicity)
- Ideally have some experience in energy /commodity trading or shipping environment in a commercial, operational, legal or paralegal/contract administration role.
- Possess strong negotiating skills and be able to manage the expectations of various stakeholders to a contract and across the organisation.
- Must have a flexible approach and be commercially focused with the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must have the ability to prioritise work load, adhere to tight deadlines and be able to operate under minimal supervision.
- Must have strong commercial skills with strong corporate and/or transactional experience.
- Must be meticulous with a keen eye for detail and able to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers/stakeholders.
- Must be competent with presentations to a commercial audience and be able to independently undertake face to face collaborations and negotiations with both internal and external customers/stakeholders.
- Must be highly organised and be able to take on records management responsibilities independently.
- Must be prepared to undertake Business travel, where required.
- Must be fluent in English (verbal & written). An ability to speak/write German and /or French would also be highly desirable.
Disclaimer:Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.