- The OIM is responsible and accountable to Owners, Managers, Charterers, as well as National and International organisations for the safe and efficient operation of the vessel.
- The OIM has overriding authority on board for the safety of personnel, the MODU and the environment.
The OIM shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- The OIM is in overall command on the vessel and is responsible for the safety of the crew, the vessel and the protection of the environment.
- Manage for safe, efficient and harmonious relationship with drilling partners, contractors and clients representative on-board the vessel.
- Implementing and maintaining the Company IMS system on board.
- Ensuring that all crew members on board are compliant with the Company Training & Competency Matrix.
- Leading the safe undocking, navigation, manoeuvring, approach and positioning of the vessel. Ensuring that safety, pollution prevention, emergency preparedness, health hazard drills and Emergency Response Drills/Training is imparted to all ship staff according to Company policies, procedures, Muster Bills and international regulations.
- Ensuring Competence Appraisals are conducted for all crew prior to sign-off and forwarded to the Coordinator as per T3-HR-PROC-010 Training & Competence.
- Ensuring he/she is fully appraised of all legislative requirements of the operational area and has full knowledge of the accepted safety case
- Monitor and control all on-board operations including well operations which may have impact on maritime safety.
- Ensuring that the stability of the MODU is within operational and legislative limits at all times.
- Appraise, input and respond to rig move procedures for the assigned barge.
- Overall accountable for the safe operation of the vessel.
- Leading the safety culture on board the vessel by ensuring all incidents and safety observations are reported; ensuring that the vessels crew are able to react quickly and efficiently to an emergency situation and that all Emergency Response Drills are carried out on schedule.
- Full familiarity and ensure compliance with drilling partners HSEQA and Management System procedures as identified in Bridging Documents. Ensure continuing relevance of Bridging Documents.
- Ensuring all crew wear correct PPE at ALL times and as required for the task being conducted Leading full compliance with the PTIA/ system ensuring RA's are conducted as required.
- Compliant with the Company Competency Matrix & Flag State requirements for OIM.
- Minimum 5 years' experience as Master on offshore vessels; or minimum 3 years as Chief Mate including at least one year on Company MOU / MODU units.
- Minimum of 3 Years' experience in a senior supervisory capacity on an offshore rig engaged in drilling or workover activities.
- Knowledge and appreciation of the interrelationships between marine operations and specific industrial activities including drilling, workover and maintenance of wells.
- Valid Certificate of Competence as Master Mariner in accordance with STCW 11/2 UL and as required by the Flag administration.
- Valid Dynamic Positioning Operators Certificate.
- IMO A891 compliant certificate for Offshore Installation Manager by recognised industry body.
- IWCF or IADC accredited Well Control certificate.
- MEMIR / Controlling Emergencies by recognised industry body.
- UK Regulatory requirements for OIM's (OPITO) (For vessels operating in UK/NWE).
Similar Job Searches
- Offshore Installation Manager OIM (MODU)
- Offshore Installation Manager OIM (MODU) in Abu Dhabi
- Offshore Installation Manager OIM (MODU) in United Arab Emirates
- Oil and Gas jobs in Abu Dhabi
- Oil and Gas jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Offshore Installation Manager
- Offshore Installation Manager OIM
- Installation Manager
- Offshore Manager
- Manager Offshore
- Installation Offshore
- Offshore Installation
- Manager Installation
- OIM Offshore Installation Manager
- Installation Manager Offshore
- Installation Offshore Manager