SPIE Oil & Gas Services (part of the SPIE Group) provides a complete range of services to some of the world’s largest oil and gas companies through its network of offices in 25 countries across Africa, the Middle-East and Asia-Pacific.
Our turnover has more than doubled in the last few years thanks to the dedication of our 4,000 employees to whom we give training, recognition, and genuine opportunities for career development. In order to support this growth, SPIE Oil & Gas Services is always seeking talented individuals to join its teams.
We currently have an opportunity within SPIE Oil & Gas Services Middle East LLC in U.A.E. for a:
SENIOR MECHANICAL TECHNICIAN
This is an opportunity for you to perform, lead and give directions to crew, consisting of Mechanical Technicians and Fitters during preventive /corrective/ breakdown/ shutdown/turnaround maintenance in the Super Complex.
Your main duties will be to:
- a. Work Directions : Performs, leads and gives directions to crew, consisting of Mechanical Technicians and Fitters during preventive /corrective/ breakdown/ shutdown/turnaround maintenance in the Super Complex.
- b. Maintenance & Repairs: Receives work request from Mechanical Supervisor. Attends directly to requests from various Sections in the Super Complex for Maintenance of different static and rotating mechanical equipment like pumps, compressors, heat exchangers, valves, vessels, fire fighting system etc.
- Disassembles, assembles, observes, repairs, tests, collects data and prepares reports etc on equipment, as tasks related to maintenance.
- Performs installation and alignment of equipment such as pumps, compressors , gas turbines, static equipment etc using relevant tools including computerized laser alignment tools.
- Installs, removes, inspects and repairs mechanical spare parts like bearings, seals etc on typical mechanical equipment.
- Performs and gives directions to crew during major overhaul of equipment with or without external contractors and vendors.
- Works on vario us equipment in the plant as well as in workshop .
- Uses and ensures use of proper tools and tackles on the job by assigned crew.
- Carries out periodic pre-use inspection of tools and special tools, repairs, overhauls and tests them when required.
- Learns from the methods and errors and recommends to the supervisor on ways of continuous improvement.
- Assists the supervisor to improve the productivity of crew by making relevant recommendations as well as to achieve cost effective maintenance .
- c. Spare Parts & Workshop: Identifies and reports requirement of spare parts and recommends its use on repair or replacement basis.
- Assists the Supervisor to specify the spares for procurement of such items.
- Checks and verifies tools, spares and other materials for conformity with the order for its
- acceptance and fitness for use, on arrival of items.
- Checks and verifies the compliance of works executed by the contractors for its completion and technical acceptability.
- Directs the Materials Service Clerks forits proper preservation and storage.
- Attends group safety meeting, conducts safety talk to the crew, conducts safety observation tours, reports incidents and near-misses.
- Makes recommendations to continuously improve the method of work, for safe execution.
- Uses and ensures the use of proper PPEs by self and the crew members.
- Ensures proper housekeeping at all times at job sites.
- Acts as a member of the emergency team and participates in fire-fighting when required.
- Carries out planned inspection of equipment and machinery according to prepared inspection checklists.
- Carries out hazardous classification of equipment and machinery in his assigned area and specifies critical items/parts to implement special maintenance procedures.
- Performs other related duties such as directing the assigned crew and contractors in the Super Complex on safety critical jobs, observing safety of personnel, and equipment.
- Prepares sketches and reports and fill up documents such as work permits, material request etc.
Ideally you will have a Technical education in Mechanical Trade or equivalent with a minimum of 10 years' of on site experience within in offshore maintenance is required. You will have experience in a similar position and ideally previous experience in the GCC.
You will have a good level of computer literacy and be proficient in Microsoft Office. You will need excellent communication and presentation skills in both written and verbal English.
SPIE Oil & Gas Services promotes diversity. All our positions are suitable for disabled people.
SPIE Oil and Gas Services is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.