- To provide specialist mechanical and rotating equipment expertise in the area of Pumps, Compressors, Gas Turbines, Transmission systems (couplings, gears), Auxiliaries (lube oil, fuel gas, cooling, sealing systems), Packages etc,
- Providing inputs to Basis for Designs, FEED, Detailed Designs and selecting/specifying/sizing/evaluating of all rotating equipment.
- Specifying methods of safeguarding, control and operation, condition and performance monitoring systems.
- Rotating equipment machinery diagnostics and Root Cause Failure Analysis.
- Equipment condition and performance monitoring.
- Assessment and approval of equipment manufacturer’s acceptance criteria.
- Participate in technical reviews/audits, FAIR +ER and Change Control Panels.
- Create, revise and review engineering standards and procedures.
- Providing consultancy services to Projects and Asset Area teams.
- Organizing technical rotating equipment discipline forums.
- Training/Development/Mentoring of skill-pool members.
- Assisting & deputizing for Head of Mechanical Engineering on technical & management tasks.
- Liaison with Lead Design Engineers, Project Leaders, Corporate Discipline Heads, Asset Team Chief Engineers, Area Head of Subsurface Developments for the effective support of all the projects and assets developments.
- Working directly with Asset and project teams to ensure Asset integrity.
- Support and advise the various projects on appropriate and group standard practice including use of innovative, cost saving technology and novel business solutions in order to reduce the average UTC of project development.
- Organize technical audits and participate in project reviews.
- Review and ensure that project teams have updated sub vendor list with appropriate vendors for mechanical equipment.
- To propose innovative technology and apply cutting edge engineering through intensive contacts with other Engineering Teams.
- Assist the various Projects to develop and review basis for design, project specification, detail design, construction, and commissioning and handover documents.
- To manage and contribute to the development, implementation and maintenance of codes, standards and procedures applicable to mechanical and rotating equipment engineering to ensure their effective dissemination.
- B.Sc. or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in Mechanical Engineering in the petrochemical industry particularly in the areas of design, construction, commissioning and start-up of rotating equipment, of which a minimum of 5 years in a senior mechanical engineering role.
- Must have in-depth knowledge of rotating equipment and can contribute to the development of basis for design, FEED and detailed engineering design.
- Experience to be demonstrated in machinery diagnostics, RCFA, technical audits and equipment reviews.
- Participation in a previous project teams as discipline engineer will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills will be an advantage.