Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemicals companies with over 90,000 employees in more than 70 countries and territories. In Canada, we have operated for over a century and are a major producer and marketer of oil, gas and petrochemicals. We deliver energy responsibly; operate safely with respect to our neighbours and work to minimize our environmental impact. We are in search of remarkable people who will thrive in a diverse and inclusive work environment to deliver exciting projects locally and globally. People who are passionate about exploring new frontiers. Innovators and pioneers. People with the drive to help shape our future.
In support of Shell Canadas strategic focus on having Best on the Go offers, the tobacco and lottery portfolio represents the cornerstone of our business accounting for a significant portion of annual sales, delivering the most profitable and loyal On-The-Go customers to Shell sites, more often.
Convenience Retail Category Managers are responsible for establishing the vision, strategy, key marketing tactics and plans to enable a differentiated CVP and to deliver profitable growth year on year, while meeting consumer expectations and satisfying their various missions. This purpose is fulfilled via close adherence to retailing category management planning and implementation principles thus allowing fact-based decision making regarding product mix, pricing, merchandising and promotions, grounded on market trends, consumer behavior, and the competitive environment of the marketplace.
This role is responsible for leading category management strategy and plans, with specific emphasis on actionable category and shopper insights that deliver differentiated CVP for our customers, drive increased business performance for Shell and create a competitive advantage that enhances the companys performance within the Convenience and Gas channel. This position requires an experienced top performing & self-directed professional who possesses strong business acumen and sharp commercial mindset, demonstrated ability to lead strategic reviews, develop and implement key business improvement initiatives that maximize growth opportunities and increase profitability of the portfolio greater than market levels.
The Tobacco Senior Category Managers responsibilities include:
- Develop differentiated category strategies and business plans in line with Shell Canadas Retail Vision and CRs strategy
- Utilize professional Category Management principles to develop robust category plans covering Range, Promotions, Marketing and Merchandising concepts and set business targets, measurable objectives and tactics
- Design robust marketing plans that provide Shell with a competitive edge in unique & differentiated customer value proposition
- Category subject matter expert who owns the business deliverables in Tobacco and Lottery area and makes fact-based decisions regarding 4Ps based on sales & margin performance, market trends, consumer behavior, and competitive landscape, current and over the next 3-5 years.
- Build strong partnerships with leading product manufacturers and suppliers in order to secure the most favorable integrated value for Shell, Retail and Channel partners and our customers (4 X Win)
- Deliver year on year integrated income growth (organic and new) in sales, margin and Supplier fees
- Identify, establish and develops key business plans and detailed P&L impact in support of new growth and optimization opportunities
- Strong team player & collaborator with CR team members, Contracting and Procurement, Sales and Operations organization and with key global and local stakeholders in order to leverage learnings and drive profitable growth for the portfolio.
- Develop and implement product management and merchandising plan: periodic range management reviews with input from Sales team, suppliers, industry & trade research, BIC merchandising principles (Planograms, pricing and promotions)
- Transfer best practices regionally, nationally and globally where applicable
- Develop and implement operational standards to build the right skills/capabilities to deliver Operational excellence in the tobacco and lottery categories
- Support delivery of the agreed Targets - Financials and HSSE targets
Experience and Qualifications required
Direct experience and a clear understanding of the Canadian Convenience Retail business will be an imperative and clear advantage in any application. The following qualifications will form a key part of the evaluation process and the selection of the candidate for the role:
- First-hand experience and understanding of fast moving consumer goods marketing and building supplier relationship
- Strong understanding of retail fundamentals of buying, assorting, placement, merchandising and convenience retail operational processes with a mastery level of pricing architecture
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to influence and deliver results through others who are not direct reports.
- Robust analytical skills with deep customer understanding and consumer led mindset.
- Fundamental understanding of economics, mainly business case development principles and cost-to-completion projections
Disclaimer:Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Similar Job Searches
- Senior Category Manager
- Senior Category Manager in Calgary
- Senior Category Manager in Calgary (Div. 6)
- Senior Category Manager in Alberta
- Senior Category Manager in Canada
- Oil and Gas jobs in Calgary
- Oil and Gas jobs in Calgary (Div. 6)
- Oil and Gas jobs in Alberta
- Oil and Gas jobs in Canada
- Category Manager
- Senior Manager
- Manager Senior
- Senior Category