We engineer for lasting impact.At WorleyParsons we are creating value all around the world, and our professionals are driving it all with expertise and confidence. When you take your place on our team, you'll discover nearly endless opportunities to develop your career and you'll have the support and encouragement to be at your best.
Visit <web address removed> to explore our success, expertise and global reach.
Purpose You will provide mechanical engineering services on large or mega projects to WorleyParsons' and its customers', including technical support and supervision within the mechanical engineering team. Responsibilities
- Manage mechanical engineering services that meet WorleyParsons', its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Manage mechanical engineering project requirements.
- Manage mechanical engineering services such as:
- participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and comply with required checking procedures;
- ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes;
- provide advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, oversee requisitions, technical bid evaluations and purchase order preparation.
- Act as the mechanical engineering Lead on specific projects.
- If responsible for a team:
- outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress; and
- ensure the required services meet WorleyParsons, its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between WorleyParsons and its Customer's requirements.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest developments and technical innovations in mechanical engineering.
- If required, assist and support junior personnel within the mechanical engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the mechanical engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
What you will bring Technical and Industry Experience
- Excellent technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to WorleyParsons and its clients.
- Package engineering discipline required
- Excellent knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the mechanical engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory specifications.
- Competent use of relevant software such as MS Office Suite and mechanical engineering specific software.
- Extensive technical and practical experience in mechanical engineering in the same or similar industry including experience in working in multi-disciplinary projects and teams.
Education Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- A recognized and relevant engineering degree.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status.
- Relevant postgraduate qualifications in engineering; management, project management or supervisory qualifications or equivalent.
- The right to work within the UK
Our distinctive culture is what sets us apart as an organization by defining who we are and what we believe. Our values of Leadership, Performance, Relationships and Agility and our Way We Work behaviors sit at the heart of this culture. Learn about Our Culture and Way We Work behaviours and imagine the impact you will make.
What we offer you
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
Our policy is to conduct background checks for all candidates who accept an offer of employment with us.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with WorleyParsons.
Similar Job Searches
- Lead Mechanical Engineer MPP Project Contract Role
- Lead Mechanical Engineer MPP Project Contract Role in Farnborough
- Lead Mechanical Engineer MPP Project Contract Role in Hampshire
- Lead Mechanical Engineer MPP Project Contract Role in South East
- Lead Mechanical Engineer MPP Project Contract Role in England