Pre-Employment Testing Required
This Operations and Mechanical (O&M) position requires pre-employment testing. After you apply to this position you will receive an email to complete the Phase 1 Online Assessment. In order to be consider for this position, candidates must complete one of the listed action items below pior to the close of the requisition. Candidates who do not complete the assessment or map their test results to this application by the requisition close date will be disqualified for consideration for this open position.
NEW CANDIDATE - (NO test results on file): MUST complete the Phase 1 Assessment before the close of the requisition. Candidates who complete the assessment after the requisition close date will not be considered for this position.
RETURNING CANDIDATE - (Exisiting test results on file): DO NOT HAVE to re-test but you MUST click the test link in order to map your test scores to this application. Failure to map your test scores will result in your being disquailified for consideration for this open position.
REQUISITION CLOSE DATE: Friday, November 24, 2017 @ 11:59 PM Central Standard Time
An Instrument Technician installs and maintains all components of instrument control and electronic systems. An Instrument Technician must safely troubleshoot, analyze and repair components include but not limited to: Programmable Logic Controllers, distribution wiring and piping, instrument tubing instrument equipment, control valves, DCS systems, controllers, marshalling cabinets and junction boxes, gas detection instrument, analyzers, and similar equipment.
- Dismantles/Troubleshoots instrumentation and replaces defective electronic or mechanical parts.
- Understands and utilizes Management of Change and Control of Defeat procedures.
- Performs Mechanical Integrity procedures and produces and maintains maintenance records.
- Installs and maintains various types of instruments, including Safety Critical devices, motored and pneumatically operated valves and analyzers.
- Installs and monitors performance of installed instrumentation equipment for hazards, adjustments, or replacements.
- Researches documentation for proper values to check calibration, adjusts as necessary and documents all values and changes.
- Interprets blueprints, Loop drawings, hook-up sheets, electrical schematics
- Lays out, assembles, installs, tests, repairs, and adjusts instruments, apparatus, junction boxes, wiring, and new services to include panels, power supplies, and conduit.
- Mounts instruments, analyzers and valves into position and completes circuits and tubing according to diagram specifications.
- Repairs, installs, replaces, and tests instrument loops, equipment, and appliances using appropriate tools and testing instruments.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electric controls, instrument loops, control centers, DCS and programmable logic controls.
- Performs preventive maintenance on control systems, instrument loops and distribution panels.
- Installs, repairs, and inspects various types of conduit, tubing and piping installations.
- Position does not include travel expense reimbursement or relocation.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to isolate instrumentation equipment, defects in wiring, switches, etc. through Lock Out, Tag Out.
- Ability to install and maintain instruments, analyzers, control valves, conduit, wiring, tubing and piping.
- Knowledge of instrumentation systems including planning additions or modifications on loops and circuits.
- Proficiency in safe use of hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to safely operate a variety of electronic, pneumatic and electrical test instruments.
- Ability to install analyzers and sampling systems.
- Ability to read instrument & electrical blueprints through the full range of industrial maintenance and construction work.
- Proficiency in use of appropriate tools and diagnostic equipment to troubleshoot, repair, replace and test instrument loops, electrical circuits and equipment.
- Ability to diagnose and repair electrical controls, instrument loops, motor and pneumatic operated valves and programmable logic controllers.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of ladder logic and programming theory used in DCS control systems.
- Proficiency with computer programs in field calibration, communication, document and record keeping functions.
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Similar Job Searches
- Instrument Technician
- Instrument Technician in Beaumont, Texas
- Instrument Technician in Jefferson County, Texas
- Instrument Technician in Texas
- Instrument Technician in West, United States
- Oil and Gas jobs in Beaumont, Texas
- Oil and Gas jobs in Jefferson County, Texas
- Oil and Gas jobs in Texas
- Oil and Gas jobs in West, United States
- Technician Instrument