Click here for more Subsea Engineer III jobs
Subsea Project Engineer III
Role synopsis This role is be part of the GPO GoM Subsea Engineering team and will focus on subsea equipment and systems, installation and construction, and controls / umbilicals from wellhead to host.
Key accountabilities Assist the lead subsea engineer with :
- Detailed subsea system design
- Management of EPMS contractor
- Management of third party, specialist engineering firms
- Drawing review and approval
- Implementation of THE COMPANY’s Engineering Technical Practices
- Fabrication site visits
- Networking with other THE COMPANY functions to deliver system design
- Support the installation and commissioning teams
Essential Education - Candidates should have a BS engineering degree
Essential experience and job requirements - 3+ years of experience in offshore oil & gas development
- Familiarity with API specifications for subsea equipment
- A good understanding of subsea engineering and related issues
- A good understanding of issues relating to deep water field development
-An ability to work on a diverse range of projects
- A clear track record of delivery on technical issues
- An ability to define and prioritize multiple issues
Desirable criteria & qualifications - E.I.T. or P.E. preferred
Relocation available Negotiable
Travel required Yes - up to 10%
Is this a part time position? No
About THE COMPANY Our business is the exploration, production, refining, trading and distribution of energy. This is what we do, and we do it on a truly global scale. With a workforce of 80,000 employees, THE COMPANY operates with business activities and customers in more than 80 countries across six continents. Every day, we serve millions of customers around the world. We are continually looking for talented, committed and ambitious people to help us shape the face of energy for the future.
The Global Projects Organisation (GPO) is accountable for the line delivery of Upstream's global portfolio of over 45 major projects. GPO has 4 key roles: .
- Integration, with overall accountability for FM delivery from the beginning of project appraisal to first production, .
- Optimisation, with a focus on selecting the right development concepts, leveraging standardization, segment scale and learning, .
- Execution, continuously improving efficiency with rigorous performance management, .
- Advice, to inform segment portfolio decisions.
Significant value is created in the front end of projects where we optimize the development concept with multi-disciplinary input, and a standardized model will ensure that we performance manage the developments to ensure that we continuously improve. .
The goal of the GPO is to deliver sustainable efficiency improvement, close the learning loop with Operations, and to deliver functional performance into GPO Projects.