Click here for more Petroleum Engineer III jobs
From an extensive network of operations located in key industry centres worldwide, RHi provides consultancy, systems and specialist personnel to support its clients' projects, central functions and operations.
RHi specialises in all aspects of estimating, quantity surveying, project controls and contracts procurement and administration to the Oil and Gas and energy and process industries.
RHi is currently recruiting for a Petroleum Engineer for a large Oil and Gas operator based in Houston, Texas. Candidate must a local resident of Houston, Texas without any work restrictions.
The consultant will be working on the client’s GOM asset focusing on well integrity, production and injection monitoring, and gas lift optimization.
• PE with deep-water subsurface experience and good working knowledge of dry tree platforms.
• Well integrity management / daily monitoring of wells.
• Good working knowledge of injectivity for water injectors
• Production monitoring and optimization per individual well production limits
• Basic awareness of gas lift
• SCAL management / awareness
• knowledge of Stimulation
As part of a fully integrated multi-discipline team the Petroleum Engineer will be responsible for supporting operational base management activities, including system optimisation, surveillance and well management. The PE will use state-of-the art tools, methodologies and technologies and may also work within the operational Advanced Collaboration Environments (ACE). The candidate will report to the Base Management Team Leader and will work within an integrated operating team.
The key roles and responsibilities include:
- Act as the lynchpin between the subsurface and the onshore and offshore production teams, building relationships within the Asset and functional support teams.
- Issue regular well operating guidelines and support daily production and injection optimization in line with the short term reservoir management strategy through the daily optimization call and ongoing collaboration with the site teams.
- Support the definition and execution of new well start-up procedures
- Use Integrated Asset Models to optimize system production
- Participate in monthly Installed Production Capacity discussions and provide input through the Production Forecasting and IPC setting process
- Provide reservoir and wells input to the weekly production meeting
- Assess reservoir and well performance and identify performance deviations, production improvement options and additional surveillance needs
- Work with the site teams to execute, validate and interpret surveillance data
- Participate in regular well panel and Production Technical Limits reviews.
- As part of the asset ACE team, work closely with the Operations and Well Services teams to plan, schedule & execute screened well interventions
- Participate in asset loss review meetings, validate reservoir and well losses and identify options for eliminating future losses
- Accountable for the daily allocation of production to individual wells and input to Hydrocarbon Volume Reporting system
- Support the Operations Efficiency Technology plan
- Travel to site on an infrequent basis to support operational work