- Write and maintain company HSE manuals, policies and procedures.
- Implement strategies to prevent accidents and injuries on site.
- Work closely with field staff to ensure all are well trained and working in a safe manner at all times.
- Review the Health, Safety and Environment Policy Statements on an annual basis.
- Ensure that Local Policy Statements/Fire Plans and Fire Risk Assessments are produced and quality is assured.
- Devise, develop and monitor effective Risk Assessment management strategies, execution and follow ups.
- Conduct or coordinate workplace safety audits and ensure that any remedial recommendations are implemented.
- Maintain accident statistics, analyze trends and propose and take remedial action where necessary.
- Investigate or arrange for all accidents and near-misses be investigated, prepare report of findings, including recommendations to prevent recurrence and implement approved course of action.
- Engineering degree holder with 10 years of relevant background in the oil and gas industry.
- Excellent people, communication and negotiation skills in achieving desired results.
- Proven HSE records and achievements in the industry.
- Knowledge of well site operations and mobile to travel.
- IT, Microsoft Office and languages proficiency.