For one of our client, we are looking for a : COATING/PAINTING Supervisor
Duration: 1 year renewable
Location: Sonamet yard (Lobito - Angola)
Rotation 4 x4 onshore
Starting date : April 2012
Follow-up the SURF and OLS fabrication activities in Lobito in relation with DJ, PIP, ILT, FLET, Mid Water Arches,
Hybrid Riser Towers, Single Hybrid Riser, SIV module, OLT.
Ensure that Contractor and Subcontractors are following the applicable Project Specifications, TOTAL General
Specifications and International Codes / Standards.
To monitor the performance of the Contractor and Subcontractors in achieving the Project Objectives.
1. Ensure Site is working with safe practice. Promote and challenge HSE initiatives during
construction phase to keep people mobilized and safety minded. Keep people aware of
Project safety objectives
2. Manage/Perform all Company quality inspections related to coating/painting activities.
3. Monitor coating/painting consumables management by Contractor.
4. Witness coating/painting procedures qualification.
5. Ensure that the construction yard is provided with suitable information and resources in line
with their requirements (both technical and schedule). Provide strong input in the resources
management (equipment, consumables, manpower).
6. Troubleshoot technical problems that may affect the construction and liaise with engineering
team for the resolution.
7. Identify the critical activities and bottleneck for the progress of the fabrication related to
coating/painting. Anticipate; propose solutions to improve painter’s productivity.
8. Follow up the coating/painting activities and insure proper records (coating/painting /inspection
9. Identification and follow-up of any Non Conformance (NCRs).
10. Draft and propose Corrective Action Requests (CAR).
11. Assist the Fabrication Leaders for Punch-lists follow-up and clearance
12. Issue weekly reports highlighting main events, look ahead and area of concerns and additional
reports as required.
13. Review of Contractor/Sub-Contractor final dossier
14. Issue a close-out report at the end of the project in Lobito.
OBSERVATIONS ON ACTIVITIES AND MISSIONS
The Coating/Painting Supervisor shall liaise with the Third Party (Certifying Authority) in order to get review and
approval of the applicable documentation and records.
HSE: Ensure all HSE issues are properly addressed and monitored by the construction team within his discipline
and report to his management in accordance.
- Contract preparation and negotiations
- Project management
- Project scheduling
- Budget/cost control
- Communication with Authorities/Partners
Fabrication covers: DJ, PIP, ILT, FLET, Mid Water Arches, Hybrid Riser Towers, Single Hybrid Riser and Offshore
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND BACKGROUND
Owner of a valid qualification NACE III or FROSIO RED CARD
Good knowledge of applicable standards, such as ASTM, ISO, BS…etc applicable to product and testing (destructive
and non destructive testing) and NACE requirements.
Good knowledge of the Classification society painting rules such as DNV, BV, ABS should be highly appreciated
5-10 years experience with Project background within Oil & Gas industry. Construction experience is required on
structural, piping, pipeline installations. Experience on construction yard in construction contractor team is required.
Experience on West African yards is a plus.
Minimum 5 years experience in all aspects of Equipment Qualifications and practical knowledge of applicable codes
Location & scheme:
An onshore rotational position (4wx4w) in Lobito (Angola) during the construction phase, possibly followed by a
rotational position offshore during installation phase.
Be skilled in using computer programs for word processing, database management, spreadsheets and e-mail
Possess the ability to analyse inspection data trends and make recommendation for inspection level and frequency
Should you be interested in this position please send your updated Word CV