Sr Human Resources Assistant in US, TX, Bayport PO Plant|US, TX, Houston, Houston Refinery, United States
- Assists in the preparation of various reports and presentations, performing data analysis as needed on such topics as succession planning, headcount analysis, and various other HR related initiatives. Assists with formal presentations, in a clear, concise and logical sequence at a level appropriate to the audience.
- Contributes to the implementation and communication of HR policies and procedures, answering queries accordingly.
- Participates in the recruitment processes, assisting in the development of position requisitions and job postings; schedules interviews and routes offers for approval and provides onboarding support for assigned client groups.
- Provides assistance to employees during the performance management, compensation management and goal setting processes; conducts follow-ups on the status of the various processes.
- Assists HRBPs and HR Director with various HR related operational matters such as hiring processes, employee separations, medical leaves, exit interviews, payroll changes, relocations, etc.
- Manages KPI reporting (monthly, quarterly and annually), such as open positions reports, overtime reporting, absence reporting, headcount, attrition, workforce planning, mandatory training, rewards and recognition, etc.
- Supports the planning and coordination of major HR process, programs, and/or projects to ensure departmental goals are completed on time, and with optimum quality; processes/projects may include performance calibration, talent management, merit process, employee engagement, etc.
- Maintains, manipulates and analyzes spreadsheets and/or databases for department; enters, compiles and arranges data, computations, and verifies accuracy of data; identifies and resolves issues or problems with data; develops recommendations to remedy errors and mitigate future occurrences; Identifies and recommends work processes efficiencies; implements enhancements to methods and procedures as applicable
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the department's budgeting and expenses
- May develop communications to internal and external stakeholder groups
- Assists in planning and execution of staff meetings including: securing meeting space and guest speakers, developing invitations and communications with attendees, coordinating written materials, and other related tasks
- Serves as central contact for external unemployment case vendor; routes cases to HRBPs as appropriate
- Ensures consistency and quality of HR communications and presentations and publishes organizational announcements to company intranet
- Manages departmental TeamShare site and project libraries
- Provides support for HR Hurricane planning including scheduling training sessions, participating in employee check in process through xMatters, maintaining HR Hurricane binders and serving on deployment team
- Assists HR Compliance by tracking employee policy acknowledgements, coordinating compliance trainings, serving as system administrator for E-Verify and assisting with policy updates as needed
- Provides varied administrative support activities including, but not limited to, maintaining files and forms, processing expense reimbursements, arrange travel and maintaining various project documentation, etc.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Advanced Excel skills (macros, pivot tables, V-lookup), Access database development and advanced PowerPoint skills. Additionally, have an understanding our how systems relate and data is shared between various systems (SAP, Success Factors, etc.)
- Requires a minimum of 5 years experience within an administrative role preferably within HR
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated, proactive, solution-oriented, team player
- Exceptional analytical skills
LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the worlds largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (<web address removed>) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.