Click here for more Planning Engineer jobs
Brunel Energy currently requires a Planning Engineer for their client based in the Downtown area of Houston.
To contribute to delivery and maintenance of standard, consistent and realistic project plans reflecting the assessed risk parameters for each project.
- Deliver and maintain consistent and realistic plans and control structures for the project.
- Understand the list of plans required to execute the assigned project sub-elements and their interface to other sub-elements.
- Develop the activities, logic, resources and progress for the assigned project sub-elements, leading to the creation of the baseline schedule and its subsequent maintenance.
- Develop, implement and comply with the planning and progress monitoring procedures.
- Conduct the schedule monthly progress update, forecast, critical path and trend analyses for assigned elements, including any impact from interface areas.
- Implement and maintain the status reports.
- Provide regular and comprehensive schedule status reports to Project sub-element managers.
- Assess and incorporate the impact of approved changes and any deviations from the key project targets and milestones, including productivity monitoring and identification of alternate approaches to optimize the plan(s).
- Liase with and challenge Project Engineering personnel to ensure proper understanding of the key schedule sensitivities and drivers Develop contract key dates, milestones and client plan dates that align with the overall project schedule.
- Participate in evaluating bid schedules and reviewing contractor plans to support contract award recommendations.
- Develop contract sections for planning and progress reporting.
- Review and verify contractors reported progress and ensure that this is reflected in the project schedule.
- Contribute to the translation of the projects risk profile into the probabilistic risk model and understand the output, including the key risk drivers for the possible range of schedule completion dates.
- Track the criticality of the main paths to completion and float consumption.
- Implement and utilize the standard tools and processes.
- Provide input data for and participate in benchmarking activities.
- Contribute to close-out data to enable knowledge retention (lessons learned, project data compilation) at completion of work.
- DOWNSTREAM EPC AND/OR EPCM PLANT CONSTRUCTION PLANNING EXPERIENCE (either as EPCM contractor or owner)
- P6 EXPERTISE MANDATORY.
- Engineering Degree and/or Certification as a Planning Engineer or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 8 years industry experience in planning positions
- Good written and oral communications