Hydranautics, an industry leader in reverse osmosis technology, is currently looking for a Global Sales Executive to establish and promote sales in the oil and gas industry. Position would ideally be based in oil and gas market areas such as Texas, California, Brazil or Scotland.
Under general guidance is responsible for all sales activities in the oil and gas business sector. Responsible for marketing and selling water and process filtration products and expanding market share through identification and development of new accounts. Develops, implement sales strategies, provides market intelligence on competition, forecast sales volumes, handle sales activities from lead generation through close.
Some typical duties include:
- Manages oil & gas market business development. Works with strategic business partners, develops/maintains strong relationships with end user customers, key accounts, engineering companies, OEMs.
- Conducts ongoing customer and competitor analysis and provides market intelligence on competition,
- Prepares marketing plans, pricing, sales strategies based on industry data, company goals, objectives.
- Identifies business opportunities and targets accounts in the oil and gas industry and develops concepts to maximize sales revenue. Develops sales forecasts and objectives for the region.
- Develops and delivers sales presentations regarding company products and services to current and potential customers in offices and in the field included end users and OEMs.
- Oversees all inquiries, quotes, proposals and sales contract negotiations.
- Identifies new sales prospects/contacts. Follows up on leads and referrals resulting from field activity.
- Identifies/resolves client concerns and provides feedback to Engineering/Product Development on market trends and product development needs.
- Develops and implements customer retention and up-selling strategies.
- Participates in new product recommendations and introduction to the market.
- Establishes annual budget by country and customer; achieves and adheres to budget; complies with policies for travel and expense reporting.
- Accountable to work successfully within a matrix organization with cross-functional teams and leadership including but not limited to Executive team, Sales Leaders, Research & Development, Product Marketing, Technical Services and Customer Services and Logistics.
- Travels in US and internationally up to 70% of the time.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Chemistry, Business or Marketing and at least 5 years outside sales experience selling products to the oil and gas industry (or a combination of education and directly related experience) with some international sales experience.
- Must have proven, successful sales record marketing and selling products to the oil and gas industry including a proactive approach in identifying new sales opportunities, new customers, and developing existing customers.
- Must have strong knowledge of the oil and gas industry including well established business relationships and contacts with major oil companies and OEM’s.
- Must be familiar with or able to become familiar with Hydranautics’ product lines to effectively understand and describe the features and benefits of Hydranautics’ products and services to customers.
- Must have very strong communications skills to clearly and effectively communicate sales and technical concepts clearly, in English, verbally and in writing, to customers and groups of diverse native languages, cultures, and technical abilities.
- Must be able to travel domestically & international up to 70%.
- Must be able to work on/around challenging locations such as oil rigs and remote locations.
- Must be highly disciplined, a self-starter and able to work independently and productively in remote locations with minimal supervision.
- Intermediate-advanced skills is software applications, including Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and be proficient in customer relationship management (CRM) systems.
- This position will be based out of California, Texas or Brazil.
- Knowledge of water chemistry concepts, membrane water filtration applications, and technical writing standards, at a level typically obtained through two or more years’ experience in the water treatment or reverse osmosis industry.
- Proven ability to work in a matrix environment and lead a cross-functional team.
- Experience using salesforce.com.
- Please submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements.