Management of the UK finance team to ensure preparation and analysis of accounting information in a timely and accurate manner, to meet statutory, group and local management reporting requirements for multiple legal entities.
Key tasks & responsibilities:
HRMC and Tax
- Provide quarterly forecasts to enable on account tax settlements to HMRC
- Approve annual Group Relief Matrix on behalf of companies and arrange settlement across legal entities.
- Review and approve quarterly VAT returns
- Review and approve annual tax computations and submissions.
Cash Management and Banking
- Approve manual bank payments
- Review and approve weekly bacs runs for vendors
- Review and reconcile monthly payroll and approve for payment.
- Monitor and assist with reconciliation of 16 cash books for 6 legal entities,
- Prepare weekly and monthly cash flow and for input into MyCash.
- Code and approve invoices
- Review and approve all company invoices in excess of £10,000
- Review and approve requests for new vendors.
- Review Ledger periodically to ensure parked invoices are cleared promptly.
- Review and approve lease agreements
Billing and Debtors
- Resolve queries with customers and chase overdue accounts.
Management and statutory reporting
- Assist with and provide cover for production of journals and accruals required to finalise monthly accounts
- Review draft financial results, instigate investigations as required and finalise monthly submissions to CFO with commentary. Attend monthly management meetings to discuss.
- Ensure HFM reporting is completed to meet group monthly reporting requirements
- Monitor fixed asset register and review quarterly for asset impairment.
- Approve additions and disposals
- Issue UK templates to Managers for submission of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Prepare departmental forecasts
- Prepare forecasts for legal entity
- Review submissions of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Ensure submission to HFM in accordance with Group deadlines.
- Prepare and submit annual transfer pricing documentation.
- Manage data provision to audit and respond to auditor queries. Attend Partner review.
- Prepare annual statutory accounts and tax packs with assistance of Senior Accountant.
- Finalise statutory accounts and arrange for signing by Directors. Arrange for subsequent signing and filing at Companies House.
Provision of Cover
- Provide cover for the Senior Accountant
- Maintenance of labour rates and billing rates for staff and agency
- SAP access approver
- Approve new vendors
- Utilise SAP knowledge to perform ‘Super User’ duties
- Accountable for managing and leading the finance team in the delivery of the financial aspects of their role
- Ensuring accuracy of P & L and forecasting.
- Accountable for ensuring compliance with financial governance and deadlines
- Qualified Accountant
- Good IT skills (SAP, HFM, MS Office)
- Logical and Analytical
- Strong business acumen