Area Authority must have Electrical, Mechanical or Operations / Process discipline experience.
The AA leads CoW for a designated area within the site and is responsible for all CoW activities within that area. There can be more than one AA at site who works together with the Site Controller to manage CoW across the whole site. The AA is responsible for:
- Authorising all PTW certificates within their area of responsibility.
- Initial inspection of the worksite & proposed task to identify all hazards and controls.
- Ensuring that regular worksite inspections are carried out during shift to confirm that the activity ongoing is within the task description and that all mentioned control measures remain in place.
- Ensuring that the appropriate level of risk assessment has been carried out for the task.
- Liaising closely with the PA when planning PTWs, to ensure that the task description is clear and all appropriate hazards and controls have been identified.
- Ensuring any Affected Area Authorities are made aware of the proposed task and that the PTW is countersigned.
- Confirming that the PA fully understands the scope of the task before PTW issue.
- Approval of energy isolation design and ensure that all isolations are applied and removed in the correct sequence.
- Ensuring, when required, specific gas testing requirements have been performed, and that PTW are only issued when gas testing have proven area is within acceptable limits
- Ensuring all PTW certificates are correctly cross referenced upon PTW issue and completion.
- Ensuring adequate hand over all responsibilities during change out.
Professional Experience (years): +/- 10
Experience in similar position (years): +/- 10
Level / Diploma: Engineer, or equivalent.
Proven track record delivering role or similar within the Oil & Gaz Industry
Languages: English mandatory