Purpose: Work closely with applicable internal departments to provide an analytical review and assessment and support implementation of regulatory activities related to the goals and objectives of the Northern Indiana Public Service Company business unit. As an example, such activities may be related to various major electric and/or gas projects of NIPSCO that require regulatory commission approval and implementation of such approvals, including compliance, and other activities as assigned. The duties include, but are not limited to, an assessment of Company's industry peers' activities, Commission rulemakings, investigations and orders, industry developments, etc. The individual will be expected to support the goals and objectives of the NIPSCO Regulatory Policy and Legislative Affairs departments. The position requires the individual to develop a thorough understanding of NIPSCO and all of NiSource's business units.
- Expert regulatory advice
- Accurate and complete regulatory research, including recommendations of regulatory viewpoints or positions
- Execution of NIPSCOs regulatory model, including compliance and implementation of regulatory initiatives
- High level of external and internal customer satisfaction
- Implement the goals and objectives of the NIPSCO business unit as assigned by its leadership and the Manager, Regulatory Policy
- Inform the Regulatory Policy and Legislative Affairs departments process of developing NIPSCO's regulatory policies
- Daily review and analysis of opinions/decisions issued by regulatory agencies
- Review of positions taken by peer utilities on regulatory and legislative issues
- Creatively develop regulatory ideas to address complex issues that will meet NIPSCO's goals and objectives
- Benchmark key regulatory statistics, financial measures and tariffs of other utilities
- Summarize and communicate opinions/decisions for use by Company business unit leadership
- Work closely with external and internal stakeholders to gain input and obtain perspectives on regulatory issues, which may include working with regulatory commission staff members, consumer parties technical staff members, regional transmission or reliability organizations, etc.
- Assist in writing testimony in support of regulatory proposals
- Assist in preparing presentations in support of regulatory proposals
- Collaborate with key internal interfaces on regulatory filings and initiatives and assist with external collaborations
- Provide project management support related to regulatory filings and initiatives
- Provide technical regulatory support and information to other company functions
- Monitor energy industry, analyze potential impacts and recommend new approaches
Required for Selection:
- Bachelors degree in political science, accounting, finance, economics or related field
- Minimum of 3 years regulatory, and/or relevant governmental experience
- Knowledge and understanding of the utility industry
- Familiarity with Indiana government, political and business environments
- Excellent business judgment, strategic thinking and ability to apply creative problem solving
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work on a broad variety of regulatory issues
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across all organization levels
- Ability to comprehend and assimilate complex regulatory information
- Ability to organize complex, diverse material into a cohesive, understandable message
- Ability to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to be self-sufficient and self-motivated
- Able to successfully lead and coordinate projects
- Ability to communicate effectively
Manager reserves the right to hire a Regulatory Policy Analyst or a Sr. Regulatory Policy Analyst based on experience and education.Inclusion & Diversity
Value inclusion within your day to day responsibilities by respecting others' perspectives/convictions, engaging others' opinions, creating a safe environment where people, ideas, and opinions are valued within your Team/Customers and external partners.
Respect and take into consideration diversity within your Team/Customers and external work partners by valuing different world views, challenges, and cultures that represent all walks of life and all backgrounds.
Treat others with respect and consideration. Actively participate in creating and contributing to a positive work environment.How To Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply on-line at <web address removed> on or before February 8th!Equal Employment Opportunity
NiSource is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in each of its companies to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, disability, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any protected group status as defined by law. Each employee is expected to abide by this principle.
By applying, you may be considered for other job opportunities.