Click here for more Manufacturing Engineer jobs
Provide manufacturing engineering support to the various internal functions of Branch Plant, This will include but is not restricted to assisting in the provision of costing exercises, quotations, design for manufacture reviews and the creation of manufacturing routings.
- The Manufacturing Engineer will be a part of the planning department which is within the clients global manufacturing supply chain business.
- The Manufacturing engineer is responsible for accurate costs for both confirmed orders and quotes / tenders.
- Day to day working relationships will involve dealing with the Supply Chain Team Leader, Planning team, Procurement team and fellow manufacturing engineers.
Challenge & Creativity / Decision-Making
- Decision making will be required in regard work prioritisation as the ever changing but busy nature of our ceitns business means work priorities can change by the hour.
- Choices will also be made in regard which route a given product should take through the supply chain; these decisions can make the difference between high value orders being on time or late.
- Guidance and support will be provided by the Supply Chain Team Leader and Manufacturing Planners.
Competencies: Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- HNC Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Must be pro-active and be able to work on own initiative.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Good communication skills and be able to establish good working relationships with fellow colleagues.
- A working understanding of Computer based business systems and tools -Material Requirements Planning (MRP)
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook.