CB&I is seeking a part time Energy Efficiency Engineer located in or around San Diego, California to support program and project activities related to utility demand side management (DSM) programs, energy efficiency audits, energy efficiency consulting, energy management, engineering, construction management and /or facility operations. The work is expected to be hourly and as needed to support project assignments and regional program ramp-up. However, the position is eligible to transition at any time to a full time permanent position as needed.
- Performs ASHRAE Level 1 3 energy audits for commercial, industrial, and agricultural clients that include energy efficiency, demand response and distributed generation opportunity analysis.
- Prepares work plans, and manages project scope, budget and schedule.
- Ensures conformance to applicable engineering codes and standards as well as company policies and procedures
- Performs or provides review on a variety of engineering work in the initial planning and design phases of projects. Independently evaluates, selects and uses standards, techniques, procedures and criteria for technical projects.
- Performs and provides review on a variety of engineering work in the post-installation phase of project; Is able to conduct measurement and verification that meets customer and utility program requirements
- May support procurement and construction phases or projects with engineering knowledge and experience
- Utilizes skills in engineering, project management, business management, and strategy and business development to execute projects with clients (utility, commercial/industrial, and state and local government) that meet budget, margin and customer satisfaction targets.
- Represents the company to clients and supports expansion of CB&I business based on ability to build trust and add value
- May manage and oversee the work of other contractors and consultants in the delivery engineering services.
- Works independently with minimal guidance
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal/external business issues to improve products or services in own discipline. Solves moderately complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions
- Manages own time to meet agreed targets; develops plans for short-term work activities in own area
- Explains difficult issues and works to establish consensus. Promotes teamwork; coaches and guides others
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering required
- 5-10+ years of relevant experience required
- Has in-depth experience, knowledge and skills in energy management and energy efficiency, and working knowledge of demand response and distributed generation
- Direct experience required providing technical energy efficiency services for California Investor Owned Utility demand side management programs; Knowledgeable of applicable policies and calculation methodologies to ensure product compliance with utility and CPUC program rules and policies
- Ability to interpret customer needs, assesses requirements, and identifies solutions to non-standard requests
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; Ability to communicate the value of technical energy efficiency opportunities to non-technical customers
- Masters Degree Preferred
- P.E. and C.E.M Preferred
Some regional travel around southwest California may be requested (15%)
CB&I (NYSE: CBI) is a leading provider of technology and infrastructure for the energy industry. With over 125 years of experience and the expertise of more than 40,000 employees, CB&I provides reliable solutions to our customers around the world while maintaining a relentless focus on safety and an uncompromising standard of quality.
Our complete, balanced and integrated business model is unmatched in the industry. CB&I can provide any or all of the major services and products our customers require, resulting in streamlined project delivery and better cost and schedule certainty. Our integrated model gives CB&I the industrys most complete supply chain solution, enabling us to serve the largest projects in the world.