Civil / Concrete Engineer
The Civil / Concrete Field Engineer is responsible for providing technical assistance and supports the detailed design phases as well as the construction works during the field activities of the Project.
Functionally reporting to the Civil / Concrete Superintendent Engineer, the position is part of Field Engineering Team. Operationally, the position is primarily responsible for supporting the Construction team during phase 1, 2, 3 in overseeing day to day Civil / Concrete activities by the site contractors. The position takes field direction from the Deputy Construction Manager.
At the direction of management, the position accountabilities, responsibilities and work area may be altered from time to time based on the needs of the organization and the project. The position will support activities through pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Oversee and manage construction activities of civil, Civil / Concrete and architecture to ensure compliance with engineering drawings, specifications, environmental guidelines, quality assurance programs and construction safety program
- Review vendor documentation and monitor proper installation and construction techniques
- Perform duties with utmost importance to Safety, Quality and Schedule
- Monitor, track and submit daily/weekly/monthly construction progress/status report
- Monitor and report receipt of materials on site
- Conduct daily construction walk-downs throughout the day
- Conduct periodic Fabrication Shop visits and submit reports
- Provide the Civil Engineer with Field Engineering support
- Provide the Civil Engineer with inputs for construction planning and management
- Provide mark-up as-built Construction/QAQC/HSE documents by the EPC Contractor, as required
- Provide proper documentations and reports of observations and findings of non-conformance issues and concerns
- Work closely with other project discipline members
- Collaborate and maintain positive relationship with the EPC Contractor
- Attend internal coordination meeting(s) including safety briefing
- Attend safety and construction site walkthrough
- Bachelors’ degree in Civil Engineering/Structural Engineering/Architecture or equivalent Technical Degree
- Require a minimum of 8 year experience in management of major construction projects with a minimum of 5 years of hands-on civil, structural and architectural construction industry.
- Experience with LNG, Refineries, Power Plants or other large infrastructure construction projects including pre-commissioning experience are a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of environmental & safety requirements, industrial safety practice
- In-depth knowledge of construction best practices/techniques, and construction planning and scheduling
- In-depth knowledge of Quality Assurance & Quality Control best practices
- In-depth knowledge of engineering, construction and safety codes & standards
- Strong understanding and ability to read and comprehend technical documents such as civil/structural/architectural construction drawings (layout, plan, section, fabrication), P&IDs, electrical installation & layout drawings, control schematics, painting & insulation specifications; Primavera schedule
- Strong understanding of test procedures and methods of soil, piling, concrete, building HVAC
- Strong understanding of rigging and heavy lifts construction best practices
- Self-starter with proven leadership abilities, strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities
- Team player with ability to influence and manage a team to get positive results
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Able to present issues, concerns and provide recommendations and solutions to management
- Good working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio)