- Our client will be providing Project Management Consultancy services for the Umm Lulu Super Complex (ULSC). which is an offshore full field development located approximately 40 km northwest of Abu Dhabi city in the Arabian Gulf including a super-complex of eight bridge linked platforms, remote wellhead platforms, main oil export line and associated subsea flow lines, power and fibre optic cables. This is a 5 year PMC based in the UAE which at its peak will employ over 150 personnel. They are in URGENT need of a PMC PROCESS ENGINEER to be based in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible to manage EPC deliverables on behalf of the Owner and to supervise and manage all Process related works undertaken and executed by the EPC Contractor/ subcontractors.
- Support/Supervise Feasibility Studies, Conceptual Studies for Major Projects.
- Review and/or Develop Business Cases and Statement of Requirements; prepare Scope of Work for external consultants.
- Review bid documents for engineering services / process equipment, address technical queries, provide bid clarifications and ensure that bidders comply with company requirements; participate in the technical evaluation of tenders.
- Monitor the performance of the engineering contractors/ consultants, provide necessary design inputs and follow up during the execution of basic and detailed engineering.
- Review the design works and studies performed by the Engineering Consultants, and ensure that they are in accordance with the technical requirements.
- Ensure that state-of-the-art technology is applied throughout the engineering and material selection for cost effective solutions and application of value added engineering throughout the assigned works.
- Participate in the pre qualification of engineering consultants/ vendors and review the bidder lists.
- Provide input / update Engineering procedures, Company standards, specifications, design philosophies and guidelines.
- Supports the Construction Manager / Commissioning Manager for site related queries during construction / commissioning.
- Carry-out technical audit of Contractors and PMC activities.
- B.S. or Master Degree in Chemical Engineering with minimum 15 years relevant experience in oil & gas industry. Must have been in Consultant's organization for at least five (5) years in similar position. Proficiency in handling Front End Engineering Design (FEED) for similar industry projects. Shall have proven ability to lead a high calibre process group to check the works of EPC contractors. Also to have requisite expertise in dealing with renowned licensors and lead process reviews/ discussions along with the client as required.
- Must have independently handled P&IDs, HAZOP and other safety reviews on similar industry/ projects, assuming total responsibility for the work with accountability to the Owner. Familiarity with Operating & Control philosophy as well as various control systems and subsystems would be essential. Should possess coordination I communication skills and very good knowledge of spoken and written English language.
An attractive Tax free expatriate remuneration package is available with this role. If you feel that you have the experience to succeed in this role and wish to work and take on this career opportunity with a highly successful MNC, please send your CV in Word.doc format (not PDF)