From an extensive network of operations located in key industry centres worldwide, RHi provides consultancy, systems and specialist personnel to support its clients' projects, central functions and operations.
RHi specialises in all aspects of estimating, quantity surveying, project controls and contracts procurement and administration to the Oil and Gas and energy and process industries.
RHi is currently recruiting for an Instrument Controls and Automation Engineer for a large Oil and Gas operator based in Houston, Texas. Candidate must a local resident of Houston, Texas without any work restrictions.
• A minimum of 7 years of relevant instrumentation control and automation engineering experience.
• Working knowledge of industry and government standards such as ISA, IEC NEC, API requirements for offshore facilities.
• Familiarity with Honeywell Experion and Allen Bradley PLC Hardware and software.
• Familiarity with Distributed Control Systems, Programmable Logic Controllers and Operator interface systems and instrumentation from major suppliers.
• Familiarity with loop tuning, control scheme improvements, sequence improvements e.g. compressor start-up sequences.
• Familiar with Working knowledge of HAZOP / LOPA layers of protection and SIL requirements.
The Instrument and Control Engineer position will be focused on supporting control system hardware, software, and field instrumentation systems whether it be onshore, offshore topsides, hull or subsea systems. This position will be focused on meeting the requirements of the client’s Process Control and Automation Engineering Standards and will be responsible for the technical assurance, processes, systems, and implementation plans to manage both the technical and process integrity of the assets.
- Conceptual and front-end designs for modifications and projects
- Coordinate engineering contractors for design and equipment specification
- Coordinate activities of onshore and offshore fabrication contractors to insure the systems are of high quality and built in a safe manner with reasonable cost and minimal impact on production
- Provide technical assistance for start-up of facility additions and insure key documents (drawings, procedures, process functional descriptions, cause and effects, etc.) are developed and maintained in an as-built status
- Provide technical guidance on the application of codes and standards with respect to instrumentation, Fire and gas, and Control System engineering
- Assist with tracking, projects, and closure of any action items from the assets
- Work closely with the client’s Subject Matter Experts and GoM SPU Instrument and Control System Technical Authority
- Liaise with Facilities, Operations, and Maintenance / IM teams to assist with root cause failure analyses (RCFA), analysis of inspection results, and implementation of solutions including small projects as necessary
- Supply input to medium-to-large capital projects (Technical Assurance QA)
- Provide technical assistance to Operations to help resolve any facility problems, as related to instrumentation, controls, safety system, communications and measurement
- Coordinate estimates, justification, and authorization for expense (AFE) preparation to obtain funding for facility modifications as related to the Instruments and Control (I&C) systems or portion of other projects
- Conduct appropriate reviews (Best in Class sharing, HAZOP, Pre Start-up Safety) to enhance safety, constructability and operability in the design of facility modifications
- Endorses working practices and operating procedures from instrument design perspective and monitors compliance with these
- Evaluate the impact of new equipment on the existing facilities