Click here for more Mechanical Designer - Pro/E jobs
Pro/E Designers needed in Oil and Gas
Up to 10 vacancies exist for Designers and Design Engineers with Pro Engineer CAD experience. This is a direct-hire opportunity with great benefits and pay for a large OFS organization.
Mechanical CAD Designer
Prepares and maintains engineering or sustaining project design layouts, production drawings and other related documentation per ANSI/ Company standards completely and accurately considering methods of manufacture, tolerance, and their effect on related parts or assemblies.
He or She Reports directly to the Project Manager, Team Leader or Mechanical Engineer.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
• Functions as a design engineer for routine/correction (ECR & ECO).
• Prepares average complexity original mechanical layouts using the CAD system
• Depending on seniority, prepares and maintains the most complex mechanical and average complexity electrical/electronic product/production drawings and other related documentation from layouts, sketches, or verbal instruction using the CAD system on a consistent and competent basis.
• Responsible for the accuracy of his/ her own assignments except features of design which are the responsibility of the project engineer.
• Possesses a total understanding of ANSI/ Company drafting methods, standards and procedures.
• Possesses a total understanding of Company manufacturing processes and techniques, and interpretation of ANSI/ Company standards and procedures
• Possesses a total understanding of mechanical and basic knowledge of electrical/ electronic product line
• Maintains accurate status reports on all projects assigned.
• Successfully complete required safety training (including but not limited to drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, risk reporting, IT security, hazardous materials, driving)
Previous Experience and Competencies:
Education: Depending on the local education system, this can be Diplomas, high school graduate preferably followed with two year technical school or associate degree, engineering degrees. All should be in the relevant subject (electrical, manufacturing or specifically drafting).
• Business Systems (product file management system, ERP)
• Relevant CAD Systems - Pro/E
• Electromechanical Design
• Manufacturing Technology
• Material Selection
• Mechanical System Design
• Product Maintainability
• Product Reliability
• Simulation and Modeling
Qualified candidates should email their resume to <email address removed>