Pre-Employment Testing Required
This Operations and Mechanical (O&M) position requires pre-employment testing. After you apply to this position you will receive an email to complete the Phase 1 Online Assessment. In order to be consider for this position, candidates must complete one of the listed action items below pior to the close of the requisition. Candidates who do not complete the assessment or map their test results to this application by the requisition close date will be disqualified for consideration for this open position.
NEW CANDIDATE - (NO test results on file): MUST complete the Phase 1 Assessment before the close of the requisition. Candidates who complete the assessment after the requisition close date will not be considered for this position.
RETURNING CANDIDATE - (Exisiting test results on file): DO NOT HAVE to re-test but you MUST click the test link in order to map your test scores to this application. Failure to map your test scores will result in your being disquailified for consideration for this open position.
REQUISITION CLOSE DATE: Friday, November 24, 2017 @ 11:59 PM Central Standard Time
An Electrical Technician must demonstrate an ability to safely install all components of instrument control and electrical systems. An Electrical Technician must safely troubleshoot, analyze and repair components of these systems. These systems components include but are not limited to: motors, transformers, switch gears, lighting, relays, Programmable Logic Controllers, battery systems and chargers, distribution wiring and piping, instrumentation, control valves, DCS Systems, controllers, UPS Systems, and similar equipment.
- Receives daily schedule and work permits to determine activities to be performed.
- Dismantles/Troubleshoots electrical machinery and replaces defective electrical or mechanical parts.
- Installs and maintains various types of motors, motor control systems, motored operated valves, lighting fixtures, generators, circuit breakers and transformers.
- Installs and monitors performance of installed electrical equipment for hazards, adjustments, or replacements.
- Installs ground leads.
- Interprets blueprints, Electrical One line drawings, Electrical Schematics and performs work by these or verbal instructions.
- Lays out, assembles, installs, tests, repairs, and adjusts electrical fixtures, apparatus, equipment, wiring, and new services to include panels, breakers, and conduit.
- Mounts motors, transformers, and lighting fixtures into position and completes circuits according to diagram specifications.
- Repairs, installs, replaces, and tests electrical circuits, equipment, and appliances using appropriate tools and testing instruments.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electric controls, motor control centers, and programmable logic controls.
- Performs preventive maintenance on High Voltage Substations, High Voltage Transformers, Breakers, and distribution panels.
- Installs and inspects various types of conduit installations.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Receives training in new or changes in codes, procedures and processes relating to the industrial electrical field.
- Position does not include travel expense reimbursement or relocation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Journeyman Electricians License, OSHA Certified to work on high voltage.
- Ability to identify job or safety hazards for all employees and mitigate hazards through use of approved methods.
- Safely isolate electrical equipment, defects in wiring, switches, motors, motor control centers, breakers and transformers through Lock Out, Tag Out.
- Safely install and maintain motors, lighting fixtures, generators, circuit breakers and transformers.
- Knowledge of electrical systems including planning additions or modifications on secondary circuits.
- Safely use hand and power tools applicable to trade. Ability to safely operate a variety of electronic and electrical test instruments.
- Ability to install grounding leads.
- Ability to read commercial and industrial electrical blueprints and apply NEC through the full range of commercial and industrial maintenance and construction work.
- Properly install and maintain motors, motor operated valves, welding equipment, lighting fixtures, generators, circuit breakers, and transformers.
- Safely use appropriate tools and diagnostic equipment to troubleshoot, repair, replace and test electrical circuits and equipment.
- Accurately diagnose and safely repair electrical controls, industrial motor control centers, motor operated valves and programmable logic controllers.
ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Similar Job Searches
- Electrical Technician
- Electrical Technician in Beaumont, Texas
- Electrical Technician in Jefferson County, Texas
- Electrical Technician in Texas
- Electrical Technician in West, United States
- Oil and Gas jobs in Beaumont, Texas
- Oil and Gas jobs in Jefferson County, Texas
- Oil and Gas jobs in Texas
- Oil and Gas jobs in West, United States
- Technician Electrical