Click here for more Sr Deepwater Riser Engineer jobs
Under the guidance of a supervisor or engineering manager, or as assigned, the Senior Riser Engineer will lead or provide technical input on Riser systems, in particular Steel Catenary Risers, from early definition of the project to handover to operations. Work proactively within project teams to meet the project targets.
Technical Responsibilities will include:
- Leads or assists in development of riser design processes / procedures for various fixed and floating bodies
- Defines riser analysis tool requirement – for modeling, analysis and post-processing
- Owns (or supports the owner) the relevant analysis tools – implementation, training, upgrades, and maintenance specifications
- Develops riser design tools (Excel-based or otherwise)
- Develops riser design premise for projects (internal / external)
- Performs riser design conforming to client, ABS, DNV, API and other relevant code requirements as well as from basic principles where necessary
- Performs riser analysis – model development, strength analysis, fatigue analysis
- Writes riser design and analysis reports
- Project experience in Gulf of Mexico, Western Australia and Western Africa preferred.
- Well versed in design codes such as API RP2RD, API RP 1111, DNV OS-F101
- Very good understanding of Motion Analysis methodology for different types of hosts such as Spar, TLP, FPSO and Semisubmersible
- Develops conceptual design of SCR based on basis of design provided by client and develops design documents, project specifications and Request for Quotation package for SCR components
- Guides conceptual design of SCRs and appurtenances and develop Qualification Procedures
- Manages design performed by subcontractor to achieve client’s requirements
- Reviews and approves the design performed by a Third Party Contractor (including specifications, reports, calculation notes, analyses, drawings, datasheets, technical notes) of a SCR system and relevant ancillary equipment, ensuring that it meets project objectives, industry standards and best practice for safety, reliability and cost
- Interfaces with Subsea System design, Flowline design and Topsides design.
- Develops preliminary installation procedures with support from Constructions Manager by providing analysis support.
- Provides offshore assistance during Umbilical Installation and Pre-commissioning activities onboard installation vessels and/or floating platforms
- Works proactively within project teams to meet the project targets
- Stays abreast of new technology in the area of SCR design such as Steel lazy wave catenary risers, composite risers, etc. and identifies opportunities for advancement and deployment of key technology in projects
- Leads the technical clarifications for all umbilical related matter during the tender phase and updates the risers design documentation for the contract award
- Participates in various technical reviews such as HAZID, HAZOP.
- Supervises engineers and designers on projects
- Mentors and nurtures junior riser engineers
- Manages internal study projects as assigned
- Supports project / contract work as assigned (including writing fabrication specifications and support)
- Interaction with and presentations to clients
- Contributes to a team effort in developing new generation riser systems
- Presentation of papers at key conferences
- Be flexible to assist development of the Floating Systems group and the Offshore organization
- Bachelor’s and advanced degree in Naval Architecture or Ocean Engineering. PhD preferred
- Minimum 7 years of experience in design and project engineering of umbilicals
- Ability to communicate at all levels within the organization
- A demonstrable commitment to HSE and Quality
- Specialist Knowledge: Expert knowledge of industry standards regarding SCRs. Work experience in Pre-FEED and FEED for SCRs, installation procedures, qualification of components. Knowledge of SCR, floating facility, topsides and subsea interfaces
- Experience in reviewing and commenting SCR design and other related documentation (i.e. specifications, SoW, procedures, reports, drawings…).
- Shall be self-motivated and have well developed interpersonal skills to work in a multi-cultural diverse environment
- Competency in SCR design and analysis software (i.e. Orcaflex, Flexcom, Shear 7) is essential
- Knowledge of floating systems design will be an added advantage