Under broad direction, oversees and performs the full range of activities associated with the Document Management requirement on the Project.
Guides and supervises personnel in the setup and execution of Document Management processes and systems. Collaborates within the department and interfaces with the project team, client and sub-contractors to ensure that work processes are aligned with corporate processes and contractual requirements. Ensure that project document deliverables are identified and delivered on time.
- Implements and executes the project specific Document Management strategy, process & procedures
- Provide expert advice and guidance on all aspects Document Management including the protection of information
- Provide input to specifications and implementation of systems for the lifecycle management of information and ensures the establishment, maintenance and usage of Document Management processes, systems and tools
- Accountable for ensuring implementation and compliance with project policies and processes
- Accountable for the success of the project Document Management Activities
- Effective management of the supply chain Document Management Activities that ensure delivery of cost effective services to the agreed scope of work
- Preparation of Document Distribution Matrices for Engineering, Third party and Supplier documentation
- Understand the limitations of the system in order to instigate the necessary changes to work practices accordingly and works with the database administrators to improve the service
- Execute work in a manner that achieves contractual objectives and set the standards for the Document Management Team
- Communicate / liaise with Project Management & team, Client and Sub-Contractors effectively and resolve problems & issues relating to documentation, change in scope of work
- Assuring Document Management conforms to the legislative and regulatory standards and maintain information and Document Security Awareness levels throughout the business area
- Understanding of ISO 9001:2000 requirements in relation to data / documentation capture
- Extensive Document management experience within one of the following industries: Oil & Gas, construction, Pharmaceutical, or Government & Infrastructure projects are required
- Educated to degree level
- Extensive experience in Document Management / IM arena or ECITB trained is an advantage
- Must have knowledge of Collaboration Tools, EDMS Systems and computer technology
- Knowledge of Information Management systems and philosophies is an advantage
- Knowledge of handling Infrastructure / Construction industry Engineering and Supplier documentation
- Good communicator and team motivator
- Development of procedures and work process as per the project requirements
- Awareness of Regulatory Authorities requirements
- Configuration of EDMS and WEB Collaborative systems
- Site experience is essential
- Demonstrable evidence of delivery in a complex customer facing organization using a recognized EDMS / Collaboration tools framework
- Document Management Systems Knowledge
- Proficiency and experience in project administration, including procedural work, client interface and records management
- Knowledge of budget cost monitoring and development of work flow processes
- Knowledge of BSI and regulatory standards for record keeping
- Analyse complex data on Document Management and draw conclusions, and produce solutions
- Experience of implementation of contract strategies that drive collaboration and integration between designers, contractors (including the supply chain) and clients
- Working knowledge of computer programs for record tracking, archiving, retention and storage & records destruction as per business requirements
- Hold a current DV/SC level clearance
Our CH2M Foundation are renowned for supporting and helping to nurture sustainable communities. We partner Engineers without Borders, Water for People and Bridges to Prosperity. Were STEM ambassadors. We promote WISE (Women in Science & Engineering), we also have our own womens engineering network to promote equality in our industry.
Take a look around our site to see some of the iconic projects we are involved in all around the world! Soon you could be part of award winning CH2M.
Developing People through Challenging Projects. CH2M is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role is only open to applicants able to accept local employment contract conditions and not expatriate employment terms. Please note that this role is only considering applications with valid working rights for the UK, CH2M will not sponsor an employment visa to fill this position.