Click here for more Mechanical Engineer - New Product Development jobs
Mechanical Engineer Job – New Product Development
New Product Development Team Lead
BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the New Product Development Team Lead, the Mechanical Engineer will be part of a multidisciplinary team of Engineers working on the development of a next-generation Measure While Drilling (MWD) tool. They will be responsible for the mechanical engineering design and development of the product as well as commercializing and sustaining it in the future.
Specific Accountabilities (not all-inclusive)
- Develop and prepare technical requirements, specifications, designs, testing and screening scenarios; collecting information and analyzing results and other relevant documentation.
- Collaborate with field and other Company personnel in ensuring rapid progress with the implementation of requirements generated through feedback.
- Maintain an awareness of technical developments and innovations in the marketplace through various sources and assess applicability within the Company.
- Represent our client to their partner organization as a domain expert and advocate for delivering solutions to our customer’s needs through new technology.
- Assist our client’s lab and their partner organization with preparation of prototypes for field runs and post run tear-downs through the expertise and assurance of the highest quality standards and observation of the functional tests and wear and tear analysis.
- Identify opportunities for technological improvements/modifications to the Company’s product line and submit recommendations for improvements.
- Work with the Engineering Team on various additional projects as required.
- Work within the Company’s health and safety program for the purpose of minimizing unsafe acts and conditions and preventing workplace accidents and incidents.
- Assist other departments with various related projects when time permits.
- Perform all duties so as to meet the responsibilities listed in the Employee and Corporate HSE Handbooks.
- Perform duties according to the Company’s quality system procedures and work instructions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university.
- Strong knowledge of fundamentals of the mechanical systems including materials science for use in high-pressure, high-temperature, and high-vibration environments.
- Technical expertise and experience in engineering design, testing and troubleshooting.
- Fluency in ‘SolidWorks’ is preferred.
- Knowledge of ANSYS or other finite element analysis software is an asset.
- Strong team focus and exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Member of APEGA in good standing or eligible for licensing in Alberta.
- Relevant field experience is an asset.
Qualified interested candidates please submit resume along with hourly expectation via email, indicating MC01-MENPD in the subject line, to:
<email address removed>