Click here for more Development Engineer II jobs
The Development Engineer is part of the Appraisal Team focused on progression of future developments within the Projects Hubs. The Development Engineer will play a leadership role in the planning and execution of Hub Depletion Plan workshops (including documentation) and support the development of Business Plans based on the output from the workshops. The Development Engineer will lead progression of all development opportunities through Resource Appraisal and entry into the GPO as projects (including completion of all engineering studies and development of the Project Appraisal Plan and FM).
The Development Engineer will report to the Appraisal General Manager (AGM). The Development Engineer will work closely with the Hub Business Manager, the Hub Reservoir Management teams, Wells and Hub Facility teams including Operations.
• Maintain focus on safety performance and safe behaviors in all activities
• Establish and maintain relationships with the Reservoir Management and Operations teams throughout Resource Appraisal.
• Support the Business Managers in the generation of Hub Strategies (including participating in Depletion Planning activities and Annual Plan generation/maintenance).
• Support the Reservoir Management teams in progressing development opportunities through Resource Appraisal into Project Appraisal.
• Develop Project Appraisal Plan(s) which identify FEL activities and deliverables (through approval of Define FM) for development opportunities once approved by the GoM Production Division Opportunity Progression Board (OPB).
• Ensure all risks, especially high consequence risks, are identified and communicated effectively.
• Ensure all projects entering GPO GoM are in compliance with Projects OMS.
Essential Criteria & Qualifications:
• Must be legally authorized to work in the US on a full-time basis
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering subject
• Project Appraise and Select activities, experience in oil and gas developments, multiphase pipelines, flow assurance (deepwater experience a preference)
• Track record of performance delivery for major projects
• Must be able to speak, read, write English fluently, in order to perform the essential job functions
• Good commercial awareness and strong personal HSSE commitment
• Self-motivation and high initiatives
• Good influencing, verbal and written skills