D2M is a 30 year-old technical assistance company in the Energies Sector, we are currntly looking for a commissioning superintendent in DCS for a one year renewable contract on rotation 4 weeks on x 4 weeks off as follow:
The Commissioning Superintendent DCS provides a comprehensive technical support during the pre-commissioning and commissioning engineering and execution.
Safety and Operations Management :
Target: no Accident or material loss. no near miss which could have normally been avoided.
With regards to his discipline :
- Assess safety behavior at work of his team members and provide improvement as deemed necessary: socialization of procedures. understanding of hazards. training. Safety tool box to enhance safety awareness...
-Prepare or witness all works to be performed by his team: Initiate or review work permit. provide hazards identification. propose risks mitigating measures and PPE. participate to risk assessment as required. ensure clear understanding of hazards and mitigating measures by team members before starting the job. monitor activities on site to ensure that work is performed as planned and that required precautions are implemented.
- Has full authority to hold on any unsafe situation.
-Provide clear status with regards to inhibits I straps at time of hand over to field operation.
Commissioning Preparation :
- Manage preparation of commissioning in respect with Opercom and all applicable specifications: Task identification. procedures. Requirements for Tools. vendors. equipment's. and manpower. as required by the commissioning manager.
-When commissioning is prepared by contractor. provide technical supervision of
contractor and advise the commissioning manager in view to meet company expectation.
- Prepare svstem limit drawings with regards to his discipline.
- Prepare or review OTPs for SU approval and identify resources requirements for its performance.
- Populate or supervise as required the ICAPS database with regards to his discipline.
- Has a clear understanding of all type of operational and organisation documents related to interfaces with other parties (contractor. field operation. drilling ...). and ensure proper socialization to his team members.
- Evaluate Technical skills of his team members. and their ability to perform the work with the required safety.
- Comment and review all precomm and comm documents issued by the Contractor related to the instrum and elec disciplines
- Follow up the FAT activities and FAT report included FAT punch list.
Commissioning execution :
- Quality Target: Ensure that the facilities are compliant with company specifications and project SOR. perform smooth hand over. no spurious shut down or safety related issues during start-up.
- Schedule Target: Within approved Commissioning schedule.Approve test reports and update the ICAPS database accordingly.Initiate and follow up clearance of Punch List items after RFC. as per CMS procedure: provide technical input to evaluate requirements from FO with regards to specifications. SOR. especially with regards to operability, maintenance and access.
- Ensure that commissioning Marked-up are done on relevant drawings and documents.
- Manage his team within the framework and priorities defined by the commissioning manager. in a view to reach the targets. with decreasing priorities: Safety. Quality and Schedule. Manage resources such as manpower. vendors. equipment. tools.
Highlight technical problem encountered and Provide Technical and cost efficient solutions to help PL clearance.
Reporting and progress follow up
Evaluate performance of team employees.
Provide daily reporting as per the commissioning manager Delegate requirements.
Ensure updating of leaps to ensure proper follow up of planning and progress.
Over 10 years' experience in petrochemical/gas plant & commissioning activities ON DCS Ability to work in English and French. Or Arabic.