- To deliver, maintain and implement standard, consistent and robust cost management frameworks, tools and procedures to projects.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Setting up the Cost Engineering structure to provide (one stop shop) back office support for projects in Qatar, in the range of $20 - 500Mln
- Deliver consistent but appropriate cost management structures for projects;
- Roll-out and implement Company standard tools and processes, as appropriate for each project's life cycle development & execution phase;
- Provide project management support in the development of cost breakdown structures and their population form the estimate.
- Develop documented Cost Time and Resource (CTR) sheets for phased cost estimates in line with the Shell guidance notes for agreement and sign-off by the CTR budget holders.
- Provide project guidance for creation of accurate monthly cost reports, identifying variances from the plan on commitment and value of work done;
- Provide input into Monthly One Page reports.
- Preparation and input of yearly Work Plan and Budgets.
- Monitor and support the issue of accurate and timely invoices.
- Monitor and support the timely payment of Contractor invoices.
- Manage and support the RtP process. Raising Networks/PR’s and assisting with Service Entries.
- Monitor and support the WBS, CBS, IP, budget process for Projects.
- Develop and implement the change management process for projects. Provide guidance on trend analysis and the assessment of change impacts on cost;
- Preparation of project forecasts on a monthly basis and provide the project management with early warning on major variances to allow mitigations;
- Participate in peer reviews and other Assurance events;
- Support the planning group to provide performance management information and inclusion of the data in the monthly project reports;
- Provide guidance and direction to Contractors project services staff in order to meet Shell standards and requirements.
As a member of the Qatar Projects Hub, show up as a fantastic HSSE leader, continuing the outstanding safety performance seen to date in Qatar by genuinely believing in, and fostering a climate where there are no incidents and injuries and where people are truly cared about.
- Ensure integration with the Qatari relevant business teams;
- Present self and perform work in manners that meet the cultural particulars and sensitivities of the state of Qatar.
- Driving standard solutions and technologies
- Driving deployment (and improvement) of standardised project management practices and tools
- Project Control support for multiple projects.
- Managing multiple priorities from multiple stakeholders Project Engineers, Engineering & Construction Contractors, internal departments)
- Work independently with key responsibility for own projects.
- Degree Qualified
- SAP experience of PS module
- Minimum experience of 5-10 years in cost engineering of upstream and/or downstream major projects, preferably with Brown field exposure;
- Project execution practical experience;
- Track record of successfully contributing to project delivery of large-scale complex upstream or midstream brownfield gas projects.
- Experience in the Middle East, knowledge of GTL and LNG are an advantage, as is front-end and commissioning experience as well as execution.
- Strong, and demonstrated, personal commitment to HSSE Leadership and experience in managing HSSE throughout all project phases
- Experience building and leading teams, and in establishment of a new organization / presence.
- Broad knowledge and experience of Project Engineering techniques, tools and practices
- Incumbent will be expected to visit the worksites as required to carry out her/his duties
- Ability to manage self and multi-task
- Ability to identify priorities and resolve problems and needs
- Strong interpersonal skills and attention to detail
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to work in a Team environment
- Demonstrated skill in use of Microsoft Office
- High competence in reading and writing English