Brunel Energy currently requires a Contract Project Cost Engineer for their client based in St Charles, Louisiana.
- The Cost Engineer will have the following responsibilities for a portfolio of roughly 30 -30 active projects executed at site.
- Generation of the Cost Control Strategy from the Level 3 WBS once the pre-FID stage gate is completed. The Cost Control Strategy will detail where and when the PM orders and requisitions will be written.
- Perform and report physical and cost progress of the project. Commitments, actual expenditure and forecast against the appropriation budget, will be made visible using the OC-1 sheet and graphical format including over expenditure / under run. Cost reporting is carried out on a monthly basis using the OC-1 sheet, cash flow report by month, variance/change log, contingency curve, & level 1 summary P6 schedule.
- The monthly forecasting belongs to the Cost Engineer and they will be ready to provide them to the portfolio at the appropriate time 20th of the month
- Verification of service entry request against the order terms and conditions, proof of material receipt, attached relevant documentation, progress, or other payment conditions. The Project Engineer will actually approve the service entry requests.
- Own the RFI and EWO project change log and will note all changes and will evaluate the change’s effect on the project’s cost (TIC) and schedule
- Accrual of dollars to cover the difference between the Value of Work Done (VOWD) and the actual cost recorded in the two SAP systems
- The Cost Engineer must be a self-starter who is able to work well in a team-oriented environment with Project Engineers, Estimators, Planning and Scheduling Engineers, and Portfolio Management personnel.
- Experience with SAP is preferred
- Knowledge-level experience in Primavera is required and Skill-level competency in Primavera is preferred
- Refinery experience