Brunel Energy provides consultants to the international oil & gas, petrochemical, power generation and associated industries. Through a network of 35 offices in 5 continents we second technical / professional specialists to the largest multinational O&G companies and major EPC Contractors through well established global supply agreements.
Our client, a leading Oil and Gas operator is currently recruiting for an Invoice Control Officer to fill a Perth-based role.
- To audit, verify and process invoices received by the Cost Control and Invoice Processing team. Responsibilities will include verification of indirect tax application, ensure compliance to internal controls and processing on a timely basis to meet credit terms.
- Maintenance of a safe and hazard-free work place for the position and for surrounding team members.
- Attendance of Quarterly HSE meetings in order for Company's Australasia Division to meet HSE objectives
- Give full support to the policies, goals efforts and programmes of the Company Australasia Division, Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) management system.
- Actively participate in the process for safety and environmental excellence and ensure that HSE issues are given primary consideration in all job activities/tasks undertaken within the area of responsibility.
- Unsafe acts and/or conditions no matter in what area of responsibility are to be reported so corrective actions can be taken.
- Support Office WAVES program as required.
- Accountabilities: Audit/Verify invoice, obtaining appropriate cost codes, process invoices, obtaining necessary vendor packs (Vendor details and EFT form) for new vendors to be created in SAP, regular GRIR reconciliation monitoring and follow up, daily monitoring of unapproved invoices' due dates, and following up with reviewers and approvers to ensure on-time payments.
- General responsibilities: participate in invoice processing team meetings and give initiative on increasing efficiencies. Perform any additional functions as directed.
- Year 12 or equivalent
- Diploma of Accounting/Bookkeeping preferred but not essential
- 3-5 years experience related to Accounts Payable, Contracts, Finance or related field
- SAP experience
- Excel spreadsheet intermediate to advanced
- Requires extensive liaison with Supply Chain, Financial Services & Accounting departments
- Good time management skills
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to get things done on time and with required quality
For more information on this role please click APPLY and submit a resume in WORD format.