• Demonstrate personal HSSE leadership and excellent HSE behaviours at all times, and ensure that safety expectations are communicated and maintained.
• Attend all mandatory training as specified in HSE, and Permit To Work training schedule, and to act as a Permit To Work Area Authority
• Responsible for carrying out Safety Instrumented Functions testing and demonstration to client assessment bodies
• Responsible for the validation and verification of the SIS requirements as detailed within the safety system lifecycle plan and the SIS Commissioning & Validation procedure
• Comply with client's competency guidelines for IEC 61511
• Comply with IEC61511 mandatory SIS Functional Safety Assessments
• Be fully conversant and control ICSS software changes in accordance with project software change control procedure
• Provide coaching / mentor national and junior team members as necessary
• Ensure all team members are fully aware and understand all the projects safe working practices and adhere to them to maintain a SAFE working environment.
• Act as an Area Authority within client’s Permit To Work Procedures.
• Development of Limit of System Handover (LOSH) drawings
• Interface with the Engineering Purchase Order Management Team for all mechanical equipment / packages to assist within the build/installation.
• Attend Factory Acceptance Testing of equipment
• Ensure all Instrument equipment packages have clear defined preservation requirements identified and applied.
• Ensuring the technical integrity of ICSS prior to acceptance of ‘Mechanical Completion’ certificates from the contraction contractor.
• Responsible for writing and reviewing the ICSS content of commissioning test procedures. Ensuring that the integrity of the systems is maintained and all safe working practices are adhered to within the procedures.
• Responding to engineering site queries where clarification of design is required and liaise with engineering contractor where a response to SEQ’s is required.
• Control of ‘As Building’ documents in accordance with project procedure.
• Coordinate Vendor call offs in accordance with construction and commissioning schedule ensuring Vendors are mobilised when required and are aware and understand the safe working practices of the site and receive all the necessary site specific safety training.
• Ensure that all work carried out on Live Systems is completed under a Permit to Work.
• Ensure that the all ICSS static and dynamic Commissioning activities are completed in a safe manner.
• Ensuring that all ICSS commissioning procedures and paperwork is completed to enable a smooth hand over of systems to Operations.
• Ensure the projects commitment to Safety is maintained.
• To complete the work scope assigned within the defined project schedule, ensuring the engineering design standards are achieved and equipment operability satisfactorily demonstrated
• Track record of relevant commissioning experience on ICSS/Control Systems on international onshore or offshore facilities, and demonstrate a deep understanding of Commissioning process including:-
o Involvement with Engineering Contractor in design phase.
o ICSS data verification and understanding of Mechanical Completions database requirements
o Experience of ICSS & Package FATs
o Development of Limit of System Handover (LOSH) drawings
o Commissioning Dynamic Test Procedure compilation
o Commissioning of utility and process systems
o System Handover Management Process from Construction and to Operations
o Understanding of Safety Instrumented Functions and IEC 61511
o ICSS Emerson Delta V
o Familiarity with Mechanical Completion Process
• Control of Work processes during execution
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• Minimum Formal credited SIS training and prerequisites required to attend the training as defined by training provider
• Competent in communicating in English language.
• Ability to work on own initiative.
• Good inter-personal and communication skills.
• Deep knowledge of ICSS and Instrument field equipment.
• Ability to produce written technical reports and procedures.
• Ability to supervise Instrument supervisors and technicians and liaise with engineering and fabrication contractor.
• Ability to interpret and understand P&IDs, D&IDs, UFDs, PFDs, GA’s and other engineering drawings.
• Computer literate in MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
• Desired Recognised Engineering Degree/HNC
Formal SIS and ICSS (Emerson Delta V) training courses
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft’s services.