The primary role involves the review of clients design documentation for compliance with regulations codes and standards plus consultancy services. This encompasses the assessment of leading edge technologies in new build projects ranging from Onshore and Offshore Oil & Gas to wind farm technologies. Changes to existing facilities will also be part of the expected scope of work Opportunities will be provided to support areas of inexperience with on-job training and external training where necessary.
From oil fields and pipelines to refineries, power stations and manufacturing plants, we are helping businesses around the world to improve the safety, reliability and performance of their assets as they tackle some of the largest and most complex challenges in the commercial world.
With a global network of Lloyd’s Register specialists in 238 locations, we are uniquely placed to advise at any stage of the supply chain and throughout an asset’s life cycle. This range of expertise, together with our independent status, integrity and expert asset knowledge, has won us the trust of leading businesses from across the energy sector.
As offshore oil & gas development moves into deeper water and more remote locations, our business moves and grows with it. We help our clients worldwide solve complex engineering challenges for safer exploration and production. Join our growing team and help shape our future and your career, while contributing to some of the most advanced engineering and construction projects in the world today.
Due to increasing workloads we require a Fire & Safety Specialist to join our team in Kuala Lumpur
Reporting to the Fire & Safety team lead, your main responsibilities will be;
• Performing review of Fire & Safety design documentation for compliance with regulations, codes and standards
• Providing good control of projects, including communicating with clients
• Provide technical assistance/advice as requested to internal and external clients.
We are ideally looking for a degree qualified, preferably Chartered, Engineer (or in process to become chartered) with a proven track record in this discipline; relevant experience – a large part of which should be in Oil & Gas Upstream and Floating Offshore Sector.
Required Technical Competencies
• Knowledge of Fire and Gas Detection.
• Knowledge of Active Fire Fighting Systems.
• Knowledge of Passive Fire Protection and Explosion Protection.
• Knowledge of Escape, Evacuation and Rescue.
• Knowledge of OSCR Verification.
• Knowledge of Regulatory Safety Studies.
Desired Technical Competencies
• Knowledge of Statutory Legislation.
• Knowledge of Codes and Standards.
• Knowledge of OSCR, PFEER and DC
• Knowledge of Modu’s, Semi’s, FPSO’s.