We are currently searching for a Project Controls Manager to join a leading Operator in Aberdeen
The Project Controls Manager is responsible for the management of the multi-discipline Project Controls activities for this diverse portfolio of Capital Projects. The role of the Project Controls Manager will be to provide support to the Project Control Leads assigned to individual projects. The role also has a direct responsibility for the effective deployment and ongoing operation of the company Project Controls provision on all Europe E&P projects and associated major contracts. The role will also provide an internal assurance and leadership role for project activity, this will include;
• Planning & scheduling including progress,
• Cost and performance management and reporting,
• Cost estimating,
• Project accounting,
• Change and risk management,
• Contracts and procurement including strategy setting, letting tenders, bid evaluation and ongoing contract management.
The Project Controls Manager will be an active participant on the Europe E&P Capital Projects Leadership Team, deploying company policies, standards, procedures and systems and is accountable for all project controls functions within the asset.
The Project Controls Manager will be the Asset technical authority for all related matters ensuring that projects and wells set and deliver best in class cost and schedule performance objectives.
In addition the Project Controls Manager will establish effective relationships with contractors and vendors. This position will also involve the incumbent in directly engaging with in-house stakeholders and partners to ensure that the project controls scope of work for each project is well defined, approved and effectively executed.
Accountable for company policies, standards, procedures and systems,
Programme and Project Controls:
Development of work and cost breakdown structures, planning, progress, cost and performance management and reporting, cost estimating, scheduling, project finance and accounting, change management, risk management.
Contracts and Procurement:
OBU (Operated Business Unit) projects contract strategy development & implementation, market intelligence, major vendor relationships, compliance with corporate & legal requirements, support OBU execution project tendering, negotiating, contract award and execution contract administration, monitoring and measurement of contractor performance,
QMS development / maintenance in accordance with the company Value Assurance Framework, quality assurance, quality control & inspection, contractor audit, verification, certification & completions, lessons learned. Project document management.
Project information technology.
Accountable for Project Controls Resources.
Confirm that suitable Contractor resources are available to deliver quality Project Controls in accordance with the agreed project requirements.
Define the project controls organisation for Europe E&P Capital Projects, ensuring sufficient resources
Co-ordinate with the Project Controls Manager for Knarr project to identify opportunities for resource sharing
Ensure that there is a proper balance between staff and contractor project controls resources in the project controls roles with a healthy succession plan.
Accountable for Project Controls Leadership
Demonstrate visible leadership and commitment to excellent HSSE performance.
Provide project controls expertise in discussions with regional management teams, partners, authorities and other stakeholders outside the asset project teams.
Contribute to the company Advance knowledge base and assist in the continual development of best practice project controls.
Maintain close working links with the Group Head of Project Controls and diligently implement initiatives etc. in a timely manner.
• Ensure close-out of projects and capture cost, schedule and other metrics for data capture.
• Ensure that suitable peer assists, peer reviews and value improving workshops are planned, held, and actions followed through. Coordinate the planning for the project controls functional reviews
Unique Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Attribute
• Experience of managing project controls during the project life cycle from concept development through to execution, with specific experience in a brownfield project environment
• Experience in the application of processes, procedures and standards
• Significant experience of leading teams
• Offshore oil/gas production and associated facilities in a client/operator environment
• Ability to interface across a wide range of disciplines including contracts/procurement, finance, operations, integrated planning and commercial and economics
• Management of multi-discipline contractor teams ensuring effective delivery of work-scopes and continuous improvement
• The ability to set the HSSE standards required and to lead by example to ensure that all aspects of the work are completed safely and in line with company’s HSSE expectations
• Verifiable record of personal resilience and results/controls delivery in challenging environments
• Competent to lead and motivate a large multi-disciplinary team and guide, mentor and inspire other team members
• Experience of SAP especially the work-management module
• Experience of P3e and related planning systems
• Knowledge of estimating methods and systems, including norms, allowances and practices
• Broad experience of cost & planning and supply chain management in a multi-project E&P company
• Able to manage interfaces and work closely alongside project and operations teams during FEED, detailed design and construction
• Able to advise and steer business/commercial aspects, and has a full understanding of strategic considerations
• Able to manage activities with significant uncertainty of solution or outcome
• Successful leadership of commercial negotiations with engineering contractors and/or partners
• Experience of identifying project critical success factors and risks, and in developing and implementing plans to manage these
• Relevant degree and have experience commensurate with the role
• Ability to demonstrate a good knowledge of business awareness, key project performance drivers, operational requirements, and of financial and commercial aspects of project delivery
• Very effective leadership skills
• Ability to manage and lead the interface with a wide range of disciplines including operations, commercial, finance, economics as well as the usual project engineering functions
• Strong and effective written and oral communication skills supported by interpersonal skills that allow working at a senior level within company, with contractors or other stakeholders
• Ability to challenge others in a constructive manner and negotiate with internal peers and other stakeholder representatives to influence decisions or ways of working
• Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining effective relationships and a clear focus on overall objectives
• A team player mindset with ability to interface with teams in different locations
• Excellent presentation skills with ability to adapt style and content of presentation for both technical and non-technical audiences
• Ability to manage own time and apply relevant time management techniques to ensure timely delivery of multiple work streams
• Experience in implementing measures to achieve first class contractor safety and delivery performance
• A self starter with a strong delivery focus and good problem solving and analytical skills
• Commercially and financially aware, with business awareness, and able to apply these skills to realize asset improvement opportunities through project delivery
• Strong contract management and negotiation skills
• Excellent Planning and Organisation Skills
Similar Job Searches
- Project Controls Manager Operator
- Project Controls
- Senior Construction Manager
- Finance Manager
- Project Controls Manager
- Project Control
- Procurement and Supply Chain
- Project Control Manager
- Project Information Manager
- QA QC
- QA QC Lead