Under the guidance of the Project CP Lead the successful applicant will be responsible for CP services to a project and/or support a number of projects.
Develop and implement robust CP tactics and contract documentation to secure third party services and materials in compliance with schedule, quality requirements and on best commercial terms that fully complements the project local content plan and accounts for all market capacity and capability risks and opportunities.
Manage the commercial delivery of all major contracts awarded, by developing comprehensive post award contract management plans, ensuring all variation requests are dealt with in a timely manner.
Provide leadership, guidance and support to a team of Contracts Engineers in the provision of contracting and procurement services to the Project CP Lead for the pre and post award stages of the CP process throughout the define and execute phases of the project.
· Manage and administer his/her own portfolio of contracts in addition to the responsibilities described herein.
· Structure and manage contracts and agreements in a proactive manner with the objective of minimising claims and disputes.
· Advise and support Project Directors, Managers and Engineers on the fundamental principles, processes and procedures to be adopted in developing and implementing contracting strategies.
· Ensure the development and consistent application of prequalification processes, procedures, tendering, bid clarification, evaluation and recommendation for contract award processes and procedures that are in compliance
· Ensure the inclusion of the category management process and supply chain management requirements into the contracting strategies.
· Ensure that the approved HSE standards and Goal Zero policies are fully incorporated in the process of contractor and supplier selection and in the subsequent work execution phases.
· Coordinate / conduct / lead reviews and audits of project contracting strategies, plans, and contract management processes and procedures to be applied to individual projects.
· Support project teams in the resolution of commercial and contractual issues with contractors including terms and conditions of contract in collaboration with legal, risk and insurance specialists.
· Ensure the collection, analysis, validation, maintenance and capture of information and market intelligence relating the international engineering contracting market particularly within the relevant operating regions.
An experienced professional, familiar with contracting roles on major capital projects. Proven management experience is essential, as is the ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural / diverse environment. Ability to demonstrate knowledge, capability and competence in the following commercial, technical and interpersonal aspects:
- Application of contracting and procurement processes and tools.
- Project contract management.
- Development of category and project contracting strategies.
- Analysis and negotiating skills.
- Forms of Contracts and their application.
- Commercial acumen / awareness.
- Managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Effective communications at all levels of management both internally and externally.
- Comprehensive understanding of CP in a major project context.
- Detailed knowledge of project drivers in define through execute phases.
- Creative thinker capable of developing innovative solutions and a motivated self-starter with a track record of delivery.
- Applied knowledge of effective local content development. -Proven record in leading multi-national and multi-cultural teams.
- Experience of working in frontier project environments.
Business or Engineering degree, or equivalent. Skill with CP professional competencies. Understanding of strategic, technical, legal, finance, taxation and commercial issues, able to cope with complexity and uncertainty.