Click here for more Senior Contracts Engineer jobs
Opportunity to join a world class Oil & Gas Operator is looking for an experienced Senior Contracts Engineer to work in South Africa on a Permanent basis.
Please note that these are not expatriate positions, therefore, we will only consider candidates already residing in South Africa.
About the Client:
Our client is one of the largest independent oil and gas exploration and production companies in Europe.
Key responsibilities will be to:
* Execute contracts for a wide range of contracts and agreements, from Pre-award contracting (contract drafting, tender evaluations, commercial negotiations and award), to Post award contract management (contractor performance monitoring, post award contract plans and contractor relationship management).
* Cover a broad spectrum of categories for upstream projects.
* Support the business operations including maintenance and operations of the central processing facility in Mozambique, technical consulting services for the London and Australia operations, and normal routine agreements.
* Implement standard contract templates for various categories of upstream activities as well as coordinate effective post award contract management processes (including contract kick off, performance monitoring and contract close out).
* Define and implement coherent category sourcing strategies that optimize costs and takes account of risk management.
* Apply market intelligence and experience to ensuring a robust solution for specific categories of services.
* Support and advise technical teams and operational units in devising contract specific tactics that limit the company's exposures, mitigates risks and promotes value for money.
* Assist in the reviews of scopes of work, contract terms and related documents, including cost estimations.
* Conduct negotiations with national and international suppliers/service providers to minimize commercial risks exposure.
* Monitor and ensure compliance by contractors with contract terms and conditions, including financial and execution performance and deliverables
conclude and manage contracts.
* Managing procurement and supply systems, procedures and policies
* Managing relationships with clients and stakeholders.
* Managing relationship with contractors.
* Oversee tendering processes.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Proven Upstream Contracts Management skills is required.
* Proven Negotiation skills in the upstream industry is required.
* Broad knowledge of Supply Chain Contract management fundamentals is essential
* In-depth knowledge of Supply Chain best practices, trends and industry knowledge.
* Contract Strategy formulation and implementation.
* Risk and Opportunity Analysis.
* Appropriate B Degree (Commercial, Law or Engineering) or equivalent
* Relevant Professional Body membership (CIPS) recommended or equivalent management qualification.
Ref no: HQ00015306
Petroplan is a Global Recruitment Organisation, supplying skilled technical professionals and support services to the Oil, Gas and Petrochemical industries.
Formed in 1976, Petroplan has over thirty years' experience and knowledge of global staffing markets to support exploratory drilling through engineering and construction to ongoing operations and maintenance contracts.
Petroplan currently supports over 700 skilled technical personnel assigned to clients in 30 worldwide locations.Â