Click here for more Process/Ops Commissioning Engineer jobs
888397 - Process/Ops Commissioning Engineer
Our client is one of the world's largest energy companies employing over 80,000 personnel and operating in over 100 countries worldwide with expertise covering a range of energy sources.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Process/Ops Commissioning Engineer, based in Iraq.
The role of the Process/Ops Commissioning Engineer is to coordinate a team (via contractor interface) of Process/Ops Commissioning Engineers and Technicians in executing commissioning activities in order to deliver facilities to Operations in accordance with the project technical standards and schedule. The Process/Ops Commissioning Engineer is to provide commissioning support during start-up activities up to project completion.
- Participate in all Company HSSE systems and ensure that all work carried out by all parties engaged in all phases of the project complies with these requirements.
- Be familiar with all aspects of project static and rotating process equipment.
- Provide regular communication of system status, schedule issues, quality issues, etc to the Commissioning Manager.
- Be familiar with Project Completions Management Procedure. Familiarise oneself with the remaining pre-commissioning and commissioning work scope for static and rotating mechanical equipment for each system. Identify opportunities for early system handover of systems.
- Be familiar with the project sub-systems and systems represented on Limits of System Handover (LOSH) Drawings.
- Be familiar with the Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning strategy defined in Core Test Plan
- Assure rigorous implementation of approved Commissioning Method Statements and System Commissioning Procedures.
- Approve 'B' check sheets and Commissioning Procedure for Process/Ops discipline.
- Ensure safety critical mechanical equipment meets the performance standards defined in project standard of performance.
- Ensure that preservation and maintenance on static and rotating mechanical equipment is correctly identified and is being carried out in accordance with Preservation Procedure - Process system focus.
- Ensure that process systems are flushed and maintained to the project requirements.
- Be familiar with the Project Management of Change Procedure and Site Change Control and Technical Queries procedure.
- Participate in bi-party punchlist system walkdown at system handover.
- Ensure all relevant As-Built Drawings/Documents are marked up by Process/Ops commissioning team as defined in project As-Built Procedure
- When supervising multi-discipline commissioning activities, ensure the use of overrides and inhibits is correctly controlled as per procedure.
Skills & Experience
- Extensive experience in Commissioning and Start-Up of process equipment packages on an Oil and Gas Major Project. Additional experience from an operations perspective would also be an advantage.
- Knowledge of process plant, facilities, utilities, architecture of surface and subsurface and onshore gas and oil producing facilities.
- It is expected that the successful candidate will have a process related degree or demonstrated extensive experience within the field of commissioning and start up.
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 888397.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.