Energy Resourcing is a leading supplier of specialist human capital to energy and resource focused customers in Asia, Australia, the United States, and Europe and beyond. We provide a range of innovative contracting services and recruitment solutions to some of the world’s leading companies for all stages of the project lifecycle in the upstream and downstream energy and resource development industries. This includes personnel for professional engineering, construction management, project management, inspection, quality assurance, health and safety and other essential services and support activities. Our global customers include oilfield operating companies, major engineering design and construction contractors, refining and petrochemical projects, project management contractors and the growing alternative energy industry.
With major offices currently located in Bangkok, Brisbane, Houston, London, Perth, Singapore and Ulsan providing support to our clients and projects across the world, Energy Resourcing aims to provide outstanding quality and professionalism in the delivery of our services. Our recruitment and resourcing specialists are the best in the industry. Our management systems, professional expertise and desire to exceed our customers’ service expectations are second-to-none. Wherever you require people, we can provide them, office-based, site-based, offshore, fly in/out, on a staff or contract basis, we can assist with one individual or an entire team.
Our U.S. branch, Energy Resourcing Americas, has been tasked to identify candidates for a Pre-Commissioning/Turnover Manager for our E&C client in Houston Texas.
Location: Farnborough to start but will relocate to Tengiz
Job Description: (i.e. duties, responsibilities, tasks, etc.)
Project Pre-commissioning/Turnover Manager with Mega - project experience on Oil & Gas Projects. Team Leader with the proven ability to work with Client Operations personnel in the development of written Pre-commissioning and Turnover procedures for the entire project and then to follow-on to manage the implementation and execution of the procedures in the Module Fabrication facilities and at the Tengiz Jobsites.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Works closely with Client Operations personnel to develop project Pre-Commissioning and Turnover Procedures using Fluor systems that will be used in the Module Fabrication facilities and at the jobsites;
- Provides input to project Process Engineering in the establishment of System boundaries and participates in Constructability reviews to ensure efficient pre-commissioning and turnover;
- Develops organization charts for the Pre-commissioning and Turnover Departments at the various project locations (module fabrication yards and Tengiz construction sites) and ensures that the organizations are properly staffed to execute their scope of work;
- Ensures that all personnel in the Pre-Commissioning and Turnover Department are fully trained in the procedures to be followed in the execution of their scope of work. Develops a training program that will facilitate the development of all department local and expat personnel;
- Manages the execution of the Pre-Commissioning and Turnover activities at multiple module fabrication yards and at the Tengiz construction sites to ensure that the Pre-Commissioning and Turnover procedures are followed and that the project goal of a "Flawless Start-up" is achieved safely and in accordance with the project schedule;
- Assists in the development and review of the Project Class 3 estimate;
- Ensures that site HES - Health , Safety and Environmental procedures and project work rules are followed by Contractors performing pre-commissioning activities;
- Plays an active role in the development of the IIF safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed;
- Assists the Site Project Manager s and Construction Team in the overall administration of labor relations policies;
Key interfaces (other members of project team, customers, subcontractors, etc.):
- Construction Director
- Tengiz Site Manager
- Client Operations Personnel
- KPJ Construction Personnel
- KPJ Quality Personnel
- KPJ and Client HES Personnel
Job Requirements: (i.e. qualifications, years of experience, education, skills, etc.)
REQUIRED (Example: BS in Civil/Structural Engineering required; Proficient in ETAP or SKM software required)
- An accredited 4-year degree/Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Engineering or Business Management;
- 15 to 20 years of experience within the Oil & Gas Industry, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in pre-commissioning and turnover;
- Experience that includes the performance of a variety of functional construction tasks on EPCM type projects with an understanding of and experience in Fluor pre-commissioning and turnover procedures and systems;
- Demonstrated ability to produce written documents and procedures.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong Computer Skills;
- Willingness to travel as required;
- Willingness to relocate on a non-accompanied assignment to the Tengiz jobsite, when required;
PREFERRED (Example: Experience working in Middle East preferred; Licensed Professional Engineer preferred)
- Experience working in Russia or Kazakhstan is preferred. Previous experience in O&G modular construction is also preferred.
Comments: (i.e. Host Country Special requirements; UAE passport requirements; will be required to come into office prior to reporting to project, etc.)
This position is located in the Houston, Texas and can be long term contract or contract to hire. If your background fits the profile, we encourage you to get in touch either by submitting a resume or call Linda at <phone number removed> .