890452 - Pipe Yard Supervisor
Our client is one of the world's largest energy companies employing over 80,000 personnel and operating in over 100 countries worldwide with expertise covering a range of energy sources.
They are currently recruiting for the position of Pipe Yard Supervisor, based on a 28/28 rotation in Iraq.
Responsible for the day-to-day running of the pipeyard and the activities required in a safe and responsible manner. Responsible for the efficient receipt, storage and dispatch of all materials and equipment in the pipeyard in support of project operations and drilling. The supervisor will be accountable and responsible for the pipeyard group, scheduling of staff, contractors and directing of the pipeyard day-to-day work activities. Responsible for implementation of all company policies, procedures and SOPs. Responsible to coach, mentor and motivate a successful team-work environment.
- Support, adhere to and promote the HSE principles.
- Report all safety related issues and to monitor compliance with HSE standards in all working areas.
- Allocate work schedules to subordinates to ensure that optimum efficiency is met to provide safe reliable service.
- Ensure all materials are managed in the most optimum effective manner with regard to receiving, storage, preservation, delivery and issuing.
- Ensure all personnel competence levels are monitored and evaluated continually.
- Continually coach, motivate and identify training needs for all personnel.
- Train the local workforce and progress their learning and working capabilities by setting standards to be met.
- Ensure all facilities are maintained and that planned maintenance programs are complied with.
- Ensure all required QA/QC standards are fully understood and complied with by all personnel.
- Continually monitor working practices and bring new learningâ€™s or methods of best practice to effect.
- Attend and participate in daily safety toolbox talks.
- Ensure good housekeeping standards are set and adhered to within the pipeyard.
- Continually support and adhere to and promote the HSE principles and the Eight Golden Rules.
Skills & Experience
- Considerable experience in pipeyard supervision.
- Rigging and slinging practices and basic rigging skills.
- Very good understanding of carne and forklift operations and limitations.
- Knowledge of stock control basis procedures and processes.
- Sound knowledge of company HSE policies and standards.
- Good management capabilities and able to motivate
- personnel be setting example where necessary.
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing English language.
- Computer literate in MS word, excel and outlook.
- Proven ability to work successfully in cross-functional teams
- to improve processes.
- Well-developed skills in communications and leadership
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Experience and familiarity with Quality Management
- Processes and Systems.
- Experience with Maximo/SAP or similar ERP systems.
This is a contract position.
The rate for this position is negotiable.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference 890452.
Orion Group currently supplies over 3,500 personnel in roles including Oil & Gas, Renewables, Power & Utilities, Construction, Mining, Rail, Aerospace, IT & Telecoms, Office and Commercial. With 29 offices worldwide, Orion Group operate in the UK and internationally and in January 2009, were named the UK's number one for engineering recruitment.