Click here for more Business Development - Director (Process Plants) jobs
• Identify markets and customers where Mustang’s services can be sold. Develop marketing and sales plans to maximize Mustang’s sales opportunities to customers; Effectively utilizes Mustang sales tools, such as Miller Heimann
• Provide full account management to assigned customers by:
a. Make direct contact with customers and identifying key decision makers.
b. Build relationships with key decision makers and ensuring Mustang’s capabilities are well known and valued.
c. Identify prospects where Mustang has competitive advantage.
d. Deliver solutions to customers in the form of winning proposals for Mustang that balance risk and reward.
e. Maintain an on-going relationship with customers (after the sale) to ensure Mustang’s reputation for providing value is preserved.
• Take the lead in shepherding proposals by pinpointing the customer’s evaluation criteria for award; ensuring a proposal’s win strategy is consistent with the customer’s requirements; leading internal capture strategy sessions and actively participating in pricing development.
• Facilitate all proposal follow up, including orchestrating oral presentations, hosting executive visits, conducting commercial and contract negotiations.
• Maintain continuous communications within Mustang and other Wood Group companies, regarding customer intelligence through informal discussions, prospecting reports, customer contact reports, etc.
• Instigate and embrace cross selling opportunities between Mustang Business Units, International Offices and other Wood Group companies.
• Gather customer and competitor feedback (lessons learned) when Mustang is not successful in a pursuit, for the purposes of continual improvement.
• Build relationships with potential constructors and suppliers. Facilitate “win-win” partnering agreements in pursuit of EPCM opportunities.
• Contribute to the overall strategy of the business unit by offering input on market dynamics, competitor activity, geographic trends, and pricing.
• B.S. Engineering or Construction Management strongly preferred. Bachelors’ Degree required.
• 10 years minimum in the Engineering & Construction industry is required.
• 5 years minimum in Proposals, Marketing or Business Development is strongly preferred.
• EPCM Project Management experience is strongly preferred.
• International business or project experience is a plus.
• Knowledge and understanding of the customer’s specific industry (upstream, downstream, manufacturing, etc)
• Understand best practices for EPCM project execution and be capable of developing a project execution strategy for a given EPCM prospect.
• Demonstrate outstanding business acumen. Have the ability to create alternate business models for improving margins, optimizing project costs, and minimizing risk to Mustang.